|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Edward's Brass Band|
Edward's Brass Band is the fifth episode of the seventh season.
Edward is excited to be taking the Sodor brass band to a concert, but the day before the concert he is knocked over by a ship's boiler at Brendam and has to be repaired. Bertie collects the brass band, but a storm from the night before has flooded a road and Bertie goes through a muddy field. Unfortunately, Bertie bogs down in the mud, but the leader of the band tells his players to tune their instruments and play. Edward hears the instruments and collects the band. Edward gets them to the concert on time and it is a great success.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Sodor Brass Band
- Stepney (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Donald or Douglas (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Farmer McColl (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- The Fisherman (cameo)
- James (stock footage cameo)
- Toby (stock footage cameo)
- Skarloey (stock footage cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (stock footage cameo)
- The Storyteller (stock footage cameo)
- Brendam Docks
- Tidmouth Bay
- The Castle Tunnel
- The Fishing Village
- The Lighthouse
- The Windmill
- The Works
- Three Tier Bridge
- Shunting Yards
- Trestle Bridge
- Extended stock footage from Edward the Very Useful Engine is used, as is edited stock footage from Scaredy Engines and a deleted scene from The Old Bridge.
- The crane that was carrying the ship's boiler is Big Mickey from TUGS.
- In the UK version, the alarm uses the SOS signal in Morse Code. In the US version, the alarm is just a simple musical ditty. The Japanese version includes additional music keys.
- A picture of Edward being repaired shows his empty tender with wires inside.
- This episode is Edward's only speaking role in the seventh season.
- At the beginning, Gordon has Edward's whistle sound.
- Before Edward gets hit by the ship's boiler, his eyes are wonky. Also, he has his shocked face long before the boiler hits him.
- Studio equipment is reflected in Bertie's back window in one shot of him going along the muddy road.
- Some of the band members do not have mouths.
In other languages
|Japanese||エドワードとブラスバンド||Edward and the Brass Band|
|Danish||Edwards hornorkester||Edward's Brass Band|
|Italian||La Banda di Edward||Edward's Band|
|Welsh||Band Pres Edward||Edward Brass Band|