Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dustin is an American self-propelled snowplough locomotive.
Dustin is a snow-removal steam engine who works high in the Sodor mountains clearing snow. Sir Topham Hatt once called on him to clear the North Western Railway when a blizzard hit the island. He also helped clean up after a big storm that hit the island and won the charity races.
Dustin is a strong, but slow snow-removal steam engine. He enjoys clearing snow and being a Really Useful Engine no matter the weather. He is always eager and determined to help out in any way he can.
Dustin is based on the Oregon Short Line #762. The snowplough machine is currently on static display at the Mid-Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom, Wisconsin, United States.
Dustin is painted burgundy and black. He has his number, 1869 and the initials "J.W.E." painted on his sides in white and his name is painted in white lettering on black nameplates mounted on his tender.
- Dustin is a merchandise-exclusive character with two book tie-ins for the Wooden Railway's "Sodor Story Collection" series. Also, he is so far the only merchandise-exclusive character to have two books.
- Dustin's number, 1869 and the J.W.E. initials painted on his sides are a historical reference. The first concept of a machine railroad snowplough was conceived by J.W. Elliot, a Toronto dentist, in the year 1869.
- Dustin has several differences from his original basis:
- Like Marshall, his cab is taller in order to accommodate a face.
- His lamp is placed on his cab roof, whereas on his original basis, it is located above the rotary blades.
- Like Marshall, Dustin is portrayed as a self-propelled engine; his original basis had to be pushed by another engine.
- Dustin has been partly modified for use on British railways, given a chain coupling on his tender.
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Barry • The Austerity Engine • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • The Works Diesel • Pip and Emma • Peel Godred Engines|
|Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Bash and Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Glynn • Ryan • Derek • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Flynn • Winston • Stafford •|