Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Duncan and the Old Mine is the twentieth (twenty-first in Australia) episode of the ninth season.
Duncan is looking forward to taking holidaymakers to see the Culdee Caves when his job is given to Bertie instead. Mr. Percival wants him to deliver coal trucks to the Transfer Yards with Rusty as the machines at the coaling plant have broken down. On his way to the coal mine, Duncan sees an old line leading towards some bushes and ignoring Rusty's reminder that they have work to do, he goes down the old line which leads to an old mine entrance. Carelessly, Duncan crashes into a roof support, causing the entrance to collapse behind him. Duncan carries on into the mine until he hits something, which he thinks are buffers - until he hears a squeaking noise and realises that he ran into some coal trucks. Pushing the coal trucks, Duncan finds that the mine shaft was actually a mine tunnel when he arrives at a bordered-up exit and then he pushes the trucks out of the mine. Rusty, who had been looking for Duncan, finds him with the coal trucks, so they take them down to the Transfer Yards where Mr. Percival tells Duncan that he must think clearly when he wants to have another adventure.
- Transfer Yards
- Rheneas Viaduct
- Middle Station
- Culdee Caves
- Skarloey Railway Mountain Line
- The Coaling Plant (mentioned)
- Skarloey Coal Yard (mentioned)
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-first episode of the ninth season.
- The old coach from The Refreshment Lady's Tea Shop can be seen at the Transfer Yards.
- Rusty was referred to as female in the first American narration.
- Duncan and Rusty do not have drivers and Duncan also does not have a fireman.
- In the scene of the trucks approaching the boarded-up exit, after they stop a shadow moves across one side of the door.
- When Rusty and Duncan arrive at the Transfer Yards, the truck behind Rusty is derailed.
- Some wires can be seen on Duncan's cab when he pushes the trucks.
In Other Languages
|Gaelic||An T-Seann Mhein||The Old Mine|
|German||Duncan und der Verlassene Bergwerk||Duncan and the Abandoned Mine|
|Spanish||Duncan y la Vieja Mina / Duncan se Va de Aventura||Duncan and the Old Mine / Duncan Goes on a Adventure|
|Norwegian||Duncan og den gamle gruven||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Swedish||Duncan och den gamla gruvan||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Danish||Duncan og den gamle mine||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Dutch||Duncan en de Oude Mijn||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Italian||Duncan e la Vecchia Miniera||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Russian||Дункан и старая шахта||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Czech||Duncan a starý důl||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Portuguese||Duncan e a Velha Mina||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Chinese||邓肯和旧矿坑||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Korean||던컨의 모험||Adventures of Duncan|
|Hungarian||Duncan és a Régi Bánya||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Finnish||Tauno ja Vanha Kaivos||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Romanian||Duncan și Mina cea Veche||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Polish||Damian i stara kopalnia||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Slovak||Duncan a starý dol||Duncan and the Old Mine|
|Thai||ดันแคนกับเหมืองเก่า||Duncan and the Old Mine|