|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the Thai DVD or the Dutch DVD'.|
- “Tomorrow, I'm going to be faster, shinier, and stronger than Spencer!”
Dream On is the third episode of the eleventh season.
To the dismay of the other engines, Spencer is visiting the Island of Sodor. When Thomas was shunting trucks, Sir Topham Hatt tells Thomas to help Spencer as he will be tired after his journey to the Island of Sodor. Upon steaming brashly into the yard, Thomas was still shunting, but Spencer insults Thomas that he is better than him and that he is just a little tank engine which infuriates Thomas, but still helped Spencer by shunting Spencer's coaches into place. Thomas was tired when he got back to the shed and Spencer continues boosting about himself, making Thomas cross and was determined to show that he is more faster, shinier and stronger than Spencer.
The next day after picking up some trucks from the Smelter's yard, Thomas tried to go as fast as Spencer, but was warned by Emily as he approached a bend in the track. Thomas stopped just in time knowing he cannot be faster than Spencer. Thomas was at the washdown where he was giving a shiny polish. Toby arrives to give a message to Thomas that he has to work at the quarry and Thomas puffs away. When Thomas arrives, Mavis was impressed that Thomas was the shiniest engine she had ever seen, which made him pleased. But after working at the quarry, Thomas was dirty and his shine has disappeared.
As he makes it to Gordon's Hill, he tries to pull his load up the hill, but his train pulls him back down the hill. Thomas realises that he is not better than Spencer after all. The next day, Thomas decides that he is more happy to shunt trucks. Sir Topham Hatt arrives to tell Thomas that the Duke of Boxford needs to return to the mainland urgently for an important business.
Thomas delivers Spencer's Coaches to Spencer, but his fire was slow to start and Thomas teased Spencer that he is the slowest to get fired up making Spencer feel silly. Thomas took the Duke to the Airport where Jeremy was waiting and the Duke thanked Thomas for saving the Day. Even if Thomas was not better than Spencer, he was more happier to be a reliable engine.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Duke of Boxford
- Percy (does not speak)
- Jeremy (does not speak)
- The Duchess of Boxford (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Bill and Ben (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Rocky (cameo)
- The Mayor of Sodor (deleted scene)
- Centre Island Quarry
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Gordon's Hill
- Sodor Airport
- Kirk Ronan Junction
- Knapford Yards
- Knapford (deleted scene; mentioned)
- The Mainland (mentioned)
- The Smelter's Yard (mentioned)
- This episode is marks the Duke of Boxford's first speaking role.
- This episode is named after the song by American rock band, Aerosmith.
- The scene of Thomas trying to go as fast as Spencer is sped up.
- Going by production order, this is the fifth episode of the eleventh season.
- This episode marks the last of a few things for Spencer:
- His last appearance until Hero of the Rails.
- His last appearance in the model series.
- In the scene at Tidmouth Sheds, you can see behind Thomas' eye.
- When Thomas races past Emily, Emily is not coupled to her coaches.
- The Duke says "I will miss my airplane" in the British narration, but "airplane" is an American term. He should have said "aeroplane" in the British version.
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases