During her youth, she used to be a very good opera singer, though her son does not like hearing it. She owns a Dalmatian, which she renamed "Gremlin" after her adventure with Gordon's "gremlins".
She is a bit of a thrill-seeker and hates going slow and resting. She hates nonsense and is shown not to believe in mythical creatures such as the abominable snowman. She loves her son, Sir Topham and opera singing.
Dowager Hatt usually wears a green dress and a green hat, with a gold band and a red flower on it. During the winter she wears a purple dress and purple hat with a lighter purple flower on it.
- Keith Wickham (UK/US; thirteenth season onwards)
- Fu Suzuki (Japan; fifth season only)
- Keiko Nemoto (Japan; ninth season onwards)
- Margrit Strassburger (Germany; thirteenth season onwards)
- Ewa Serwa (Poland; thirteenth - sixteenth seasons)
- Anna Apostolakis (Poland; eighteenth season onwards)
- Lena Meieran (Norway; thirteenth - sixteenth season)
- Marianne Westby (Norway; Day of the Diesels onwards)
- Talya Barkay (Israel; fifteenth season onwards)
- Blanche Ravalec (France and French speaking Canada; ninth season onwards)
- Loretta Santini (Latin America; thirteenth season onwards)
- Mercedes Espinosa (Spain)
- Susa Saukko (Finland; thirteenth season onwards)
- Her title, Dowager, means someone who is a widow with a noble title so this means that her husband is deceased.
- Dowager Hatt's appearance has changed over the course of the television series.
- Season 12:
- Her eye color changed from brown to blue.
- She appears to have lost a significant amount of weight.
- Season 18:
- The wrinkles on her forehead become more prominent.
- Her skin becomes paler.
- Season 12: