- “Goodbye Thomas, you must be tired, sorry I can't stop, we buses have to work you know.”
- ―Bertie to Thomas, Thomas and Bertie, first season
Besides Bertie, Bulgy and Algy, Sodor Roadways also owns a few other buses that were seen around the Island of Sodor, used to carry and transport passengers. These buses are almost identical to Bertie, except they are faceless.
In the Railway Series, various other buses have appeared in multiple colours such as green, red, and blue.
There are also some double-decker buses that work around the Island as well. In Henry the Green Engine, a blue double-decker bus with a sign advertising the book Troublesome Engines can be seen in the background. Bulgy is the only known sentient double-decker bus to have worked on the Island, although in the magazines, two double-decker buses were introduced; the Special Bus Service and the Open-Topped Double-Decker Bus.
In the magazines, a green bus resembling a faceless Bertie, used for hospital services, appears in the story Important Passengers!. In the annual story, Bertie the Snow Bus a faceless blue bus resembling Algy appears with the headcode "401".
The buses are based on the AEC Regal T Class London Country Area buses, very much like Bertie.
The Double-Decker Buses are based on AEC Bridgemaster buses, very much like Bulgy.
In the Railway Series, annual stories and magazine stories buses are painted in various colours such as blue, green and yellow. In the television series, buses are painted in the famous red bus livery used by London Transport, with silver hubcaps, like Bertie.
- Season 1 - Thomas and Bertie
- Season 2 - Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- Season 3 - Time for Trouble, Gordon and the Famous Visitor, Donald's Duck, The Trouble with Mud, No Joke for James, Trust Thomas, Buzz, Buzz, All at Sea, Escape and Bulgy
- Season 4 - A Bad Day for Sir Handel, Trucks!, Rusty to the Rescue and Bowled Out
- Season 7 - Toby's Windmill (stock footage)
- 1996 - Important Passengers!
- 2002 - Sodor Goes Pop! and Diesels and Steam Engines
- 2004 - Thank You, Thomas! and Duck's Little Joke!
- 2013 - Bulgy's Back
A bus also appeared in the magazine story, Holidays.
- 2003 - Bulgy, Toby
- 2004 - Edward
- 2011 - Bulgy the Double-Decker bus, Edward the Blue Engine, Toby the Tram Engine