|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Chinese book.|
Don't Tell Thomas is the ninth (sixteenth in Australia) episode of the eighth season.
The engines plan a surprise party for Thomas to thank him for his work clearing the lines of snow, but they keep the details away from Thomas, who is naturally furious they are not letting him in on the secret. First, at a level crossing, Thomas sees Percy with colourful presents loaded in his trucks. Thomas asks him if they are part of the surprise, but Percy doesn't care; he just puffs off. Next, he sees Emily with a Christmas tree loaded on her flatbed. Thomas asks her if it's part of the surprise, but Emily, annoyed, tells him that it's something for her to know and for him to find out. She then puffs away, and Thomas, while pulling Annie and Clarabel, follows her on the same line. However, the points switch, making Thomas go straight on.
Back at Tidmouth Sheds, everyone is excited about the surprise. Just as Thomas arrives, Henry and James warn the other engines not to tell him about the surprise. Thomas is still furious that he does not know what it was, so he just exits. He eventually goes to sulk in a siding, but later Harold convinces him to go to Wellsworth, where Thomas discovers a Christmas party is being held especially for him.
- Toby (does not speak)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Three Tier Bridge
- Bulgy's Bridge
- Upper Brendam
- Killdane Junction
- Going by production order, this is the sixteenth episode of the eighth season.
- A CGI renactment was to appear in Percy the Snowman, but was dropped for unknown reasons.
- This is the first episode of the series to feature every member of the Steam Team in an episode.
- This is the only episode of the eighth season where The Fat Controller does not make an appearance.
- In one shot at the sheds when the engines are discussing Thomas' surprise, Thomas can be seen next to Percy.
- When the camera turns above Annie and Clarabel, its shadow can be seen.
- When Thomas is ploughing the snow, a piece of string can be faintly seen in the snow pulling him along the track.
- In the US narration, the term trucks is used once.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Thomas Moet je Niet Weten||Thomas Must Not Know|
|German||Thomas Platzt vor Neugier||Thomas is Bursting with Curiosity|
|Spanish||No se lo Digáis a Thomas / No le Cuenten a Thomas||Do Not Tell Thomas / Don't Tell It To Thomas|
|Portuguese||Não Contem a Thomas||Don't Tell Thomas|
|French||L'anniversaire d'Thomas / Non Raconte Thomas||Thomas' Anniversary / Don't Tell Thomas|
|Norwegian||Ikke si Noe til Thomas||Don't Say Anything to Thomas|
|Swedish||Säg Inget Till Thomas||Do Not Tell Thomas|
|Hungarian||Thomas és a Meglepetés||Thomas and the Surprise|
|Catalan||No Li Digui Thomas||Don't Tell Thomas|
|Flemish||Het Ontbrekende Verjaardag Van Thomas||Thomas' Missing Anniversary|
|Finnish||Tuomas "Yllätys||Thomas' Surprise|
|Italian||Non Ditelo a Thomas||Don't Tell Thomas|
|Romanian||Să Nu Alfe Thomas!||Thomas Does Not Find Out!|
|Gaelic||A Chuirm Dhiomhair||A Jolly Mystery|
|Polish||Nie Mówcie Tomkowi||Do Not Say Thomas|
|Czech||Neříkej to Tomášovi||Do Not Tell Thomas|
|Croatian||Nemojte Reći Tomici||Do Not Say Thomas|
|Slovak||Nehovor to Thomasovi||Do Not Say That Thomas|
|Japanese||トーマスにはないしょ||The Secret to Thomas|
|Chinese||别告诉托马斯||Do Not Tell Thomas|
|Russian||Не говорите Томасу||Do Not Tell Thomas|
|Greek||O έχασε την επέτειο||The Lost Anniversary|
|Korean||토마스에겐 비밀이야||Thomas' Secret Egen|
|Thai||อย่าบอกโธมัสนะ||Do Not Tell Me Thomas|
Home Media Releases