|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the board book.|
- “Steamies are fast, Steamies are first!”
Don't Go Back is the fourteenth episode of the twelfth season.
Thomas and Diesel are to load and shunt trucks of stone for Thomas, but they get sidetracked when Diesel claims he is faster than Thomas - and declares a backwards race to prove it. Unfortunately, the three heats (which end in a draw) cause Mavis, 'Arry and Bert to be derailed after Thomas and Diesel collide with them. When Henry arrives, none of the trucks have been loaded. While Thomas arranges the train and collects Rocky to put Mavis, 'Arry and Bert back on the rails, Diesel clears away the mess from the races. When the two are done, Diesel challenges Thomas to another race, which Thomas orders to be forward. This time, both arrive at the quarry gates at the same time.
- Stock footage from Hector the Horrid! and The Great Discovery is used.
- A third rail is used to make Mavis derail and is clearly visible.
- After crashing through the shed, Diesel says "Oh no!" in the UK narration, but says "Uh oh!" in the US.
- This episode aired before Edward Strikes Out in Australia, meaning the audience would not know who Rocky is.
- This is the final episode written by Simon Spencer.
- This episode marks Henry, Diesel and Mavis' last appearances in the model series, as well as Mavis' only appearance in the twelfth season.
- Diesel blows steam from his cab when he and Thomas shunt the trucks of rubble and wood.
- 'Arry and Bert are missing the stubble on their CGI faces. Their faces are also considerably smaller than usual.
- Diesel's wheels do not go round as he reverses away from the hopper.
- Right before Thomas and Diesel crash into 'Arry and Bert, one of the twin's eyes are wonky.
- When Thomas tells Henry that his train "will soon be ready," his CGI face isn't proportioned correctly.
- In the close up of the trucks filled with rubble from the sheds, one of them is over Thomas' steam platform.
- When Thomas puffs away from Henry in the overhead shot, he is missing his face.
- In Thomas and the Runaway Car, Thomas mentions that he isn't strong enough to take Rocky, but in this episode, Thomas is seen pushing Rocky all by himself.
In Other Languages
|French||La Compétition / Ne Pas Revenir (Québec)||The Competition / Don't Go Back (Canada)|
|Italian||Vietato Correre All'Indietro||Forbidden Racing Backwards!|
|Spanish||A No Retroceder||No Going Backwards|
|Czech||Prozpátku Ne||Not Backwards|
|Portuguese||Não Anda Para Trás||Goes Not Backward|
|Indonesian||Jangan Mundur||Never Backward|
|Polish||Jazda Tyłem||Driving Backwards|
|Flemish||Niet Gaan Terug||Don't Go Back|
|German||Nicht Rückwärts||Not Backwards|
|Slovak||Pozadu Nie||Behind It|
|Chinese||别倒车||Do Not Reverse|
|Thai||โธมัสแข่งวิ่งถอยหลัง||Thomas Racing Running Backwards|