|This article is about the eleventh season episode. You may be looking for the second season episode or the Taiwanese DVD.|
Dirty Work is the fourth episode of the eleventh season.
James has barely returned from the Works when news comes of a special; an engine is needed to take the Mayor of Sodor to the Festival of Light at the Scottish Castle. James volunteers and Thomas, Percy, and Emily get to do goods work. James is cleaned and arrives at the castle, but is shocked to discover the others have not finished their work and goes to help his friends at once, even though he gets dirty. The four manage to get to see the Festival of Light and Sir Topham Hatt is proud of James.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Mayor of Sodor (does not speak)
- Sodor Brass Band (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- 'Arry and Bert (cameo)
- The Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Lord Callan (cameo)
- When the episode is on a DVD, the beginning is different.
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-second episode of the eleventh season.
- Alternate angles of the first three shots were shown on television.
- This episode marks Lord Callan's last appearance until the nineteenth season episode, Two Wheels Good.
- When James buffers up to Percy's trucks at the quarry, you can see James' steam platform. When he buffers up behind Emily's trucks, you can see a pipe in the rails used for James' steam.
- In the first scene of Emily with the fish, she has a brakevan. But when James helps her, it is uncoupled and parked on a different track.
In Other Languages
|German||Der Star des Abends||The Star of the Evening|
|Norwegian||En skitten jobb||A Dirty Job|
|Finnish||Likaista työtä||Dirty Work|
|Danish||Beskidt arbejde||Dirty Work|
|Portuguese||Trabalho Sujo||Dirty Work|
Home Media Releases
- The Complete Eleventh Series