|This article is about the eleventh season episode. You may be looking for the second season episode or the Taiwanese DVD.|
Dirty Work is the fourth episode of the eleventh season.
James has barely returned from the Works when news comes of a special; an engine is needed to take the Mayor of Sodor to the Festival of Light at the Scottish Castle. James volunteers and Thomas, Percy, and Emily get to do goods work. James is cleaned and arrives at the castle, but is shocked to discover the others have not finished their work and goes to help his friends at once, even though he gets dirty. The four manage to get to see the Festival of Light and the Fat Controller is proud of James.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Mayor of Sodor (does not speak)
- Sodor Brass Band (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- 'Arry and Bert (cameo)
- The Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Lord Callan (cameo)
- The Works
- The Scottish Castle
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Bluff's Cove Junction
- Centre Island Quarry
- The Washdown
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-second episode of the eleventh season.
- When James helps Thomas with his coal trucks by pushing from behind, he gets covered in coal dust, which is impossible as there was a brakevan between James and the last truck.
- When James buffers up to Percy's trucks at the quarry, you can see James' steam platform, then, when he buffers up behind Emily's trucks, you can see a pipe in the rails used for James' steam.
- Brakevans should have been added to Percy and Emily's trains.
- In the first scene of Emily with the fish, she has a brakevan, but when James helps her, it is uncoupled and parked on a different track.
- In the American narration, the word truck is used once.
- Books - Thomas, James and the Dirty Work
In Other Languages
|German||Der Star des Abends||The Star of the Evening|
|Norwegian||En skitten jobb||A Dirty Job|
|Danish||Beskidt arbejde||Dirty Work|