Departing Now (Japanese: しゅっぱつしんこうシリーズ) is a range made by Bandai. The range had battery-powered engines, some that could be controlled by hovering a wand over their cabs. Originally, the engines faces were permanently attached to their body, but as the line progressed they were given interchangeable and removable face masks.
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- Troublesome Trucks
- Troublesome Vans
- Express Coaches (red or green stripes)
- The Breakdown Crane
- Narrow Gauge Coaches (blue and red)
- Narrow Gauge Freight Car (discontinued)
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Lady Hatt
- Bridget and Stephen Hatt
- Jeremiah Jobling
- The Vicar
- Jem Cole
- The Policeman
- The Barber
- The Stationmaster
- The Stationmaster's Wife
- Farmer Finney
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Knapford Station
- Accessory Set
- Thomas Battery Powered Set
- Percy and Coaches Set
- Track Expansion Pack
- Henrietta and the breakdown train's liveries are darker than usual.
- Most of the engines are missing their lamp irons and have over sized funnels.
- Besides the powered ones, Bandai also released the same exact models as unpowered push alongs. All engines except Donald, Douglas, Edward, Bill and Ben are known to exist as unpowered.
- Twin engines such as Donald and Douglas or Bill and Ben contained one motorised engine and one push along. Each twin had the same exact model, the only difference being the shell that protected the battery (boiler) has a nameplate stating who they were. This however could be swapped with the other twin. This was most likely intended to not limit children to only having one motorised character.
- The Skarloey engines were never released in a powered form. They were available only as a push along version released in 1995.
- The Skarloey engines were often sold together in groups of twos.
- Despite having made every other Skarloey engine including Duke, Rusty was never made for the line.
- A majority of engines would be sold with a nameboard, spare face masks and sometimes even people.
- Some tank engines in the range have sliding cab doors which allow a person to be put inside.
- Only Thomas, Henry, Gordon, James and Percy were ever made with interchangeable faces. Each had a happy face, a sad face and an angry face.