De Agostini has published many different magazine series. In 2004, the company made a Thomas and Friends magazine series. Each issue focused on a certain place and had activities related to it. It would also come with a plastic character or destination and a piece of track with some activities related to that character. Once all issues were collected, the track would form a layout.
- Donald and Douglas
- Bill and Ben
- Diesel 10
- 'Arry and Bert
- Sir Handel
- Magazine Binder
- Train Storage Box
- Backpack with Whistle
- Most of the models appear to be based on their ERTL counterparts.
- Duke's model has buffers and is missing the lining on his tender.
- Donald and Douglas' tenders are undersized.
- Stepney's siderods are white instead of red.
- 'Arry has Diesel's face and only two stripes on his front, and his missing the words "Sodor Ironworks" on his side.
- Bert's model has red bufferbeams instead of black.
- The front of Bill and Ben's smokeboxes are yellow instead of black.
- Diesel 10's bufferbeams are the same colour as his body instead of red.
- Duck's siderods are black instead of white.
- BoCo's roof is partially green, when it should be completely white.
- Oliver and Stepney's wheels are black, when they should be the same colour as their respective bodies.
- Bill and Ben use Thomas' face.