David Menkin (born May 10th, 1977 in Norway) is a Norwegian-born American actor who provides voices for the UK and US narrations of Thomas & Friends.
He is known for appearing and voiceover in various films and games, such as "Wit", "Arthur Christmas" and "Kinect Sports". He is perhaps best known for voicing Preston Marlowe and Captain Joseph Brady from the "Battlefield" series. He was the voice for Scoop in the US version of "Bob the Builder: Ready! Steady! Build!". He provides the vocal performances of Virgil and Gordon Tracy in the series "Thunderbirds are Go!".
He can speak fluent Norwegian and Swedish.
- Porter (Pouty James only)
- I Do Like to Be Beside the Seaside (performed)
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas (performed)
- Will You Won't You (performed)
- Both David and Kerry Shale voiced characters together in "Arthur Christmas".
- He, Rob Rackstraw and Rupert Degas voiced characters together in "Bob the Builder". Steven Kynman, Rasmus Hardiker and Lucy Montgomery also currently voice characters in the show. Sharon Miller, Marc Seal, Sam Barlow, Ross Hastings, Lee Pressman, Helen Farrall, Laura Beaumont, Paul Larson, James Mason, Simon Nicholson and Polly Churchill have all written episodes for the show.
- Gadi Levy, Dan Shatzberg, Holger Potzern, Simona Pahl, Steven Elford, Achim Schülke, Tobias Diakow, Jens Wendland, Marjolein Algera, Ernesto Lezama, Øyvind Borgemoen Lyse, Fabian Harloff, Dave Ingham, José Gilberto Vilchis, Nigel Chilvers, Lenora Hume, Miranda Larson, Stan Limburg, Lutz Harder, Francisco Colmenero, Knud Riepen, Eberhard Haar, Robert Kotulla, Ricardo Silva, Louise Kramskoy, Erik Schäffler, Douglas Welbat, Carlos Enrique Bonilla, Katja Brügger, Christian Rudolf, Jürgen Holdorf, Holger Mahlich, Robert Missler and TUGS voice actor Ian James Corlett have also worked on it.
- He, Shale, Jules de Jongh, and Joseph May voiced the DC characters from "LittleBigPlanet 2".
- He was not credited in the US King of the Railway credits, despite voicing Jack.
- Both he and Stefan Ashton Frank voiced characters from "Battlefield: Bad Company".
- Both he and Ricardo Silva voiced Scoop from "Bob the Builder" in their respective languages.
- He, Rasmus Hardiker, Teresa Gallagher, William Hope and Bob Golding voice characters in "Thunderbirds are Go". David Mitton had previously worked on the original version of the TV series. Yehonatan Magon and Saar Badishi voiced his characters, Gordon Tracy and Virgil Tracy in the Hebrew dub, respectively.
- He and John Schwab both had roles in "Zero Dark Thirty".
- He, Joseph May, Glenn Wrage, William Hope and John Schwab all voice characters in "Alien: Isolation".
- He, Shale and Degas voiced characters in "Red Dwarf".