- “Cora is a guard's van. She isn't as big as Beatrice, and she hasn't a ticket window, but I like her best. She was my guard's van in the old days.”
- ―Peter Sam, The Little Old Engine
Cora is a tool van who was built by Falcon Works in 1885 for the Mid Sodor Railway. While Skarloey was away in 1952, she was saved and restored at the Skarloey Railway and used as a guard's van when Beatrice was not available. With the arrival of Millicent in 1955, she was returned to her original use as a tool van.
Cora worked in the Mid Sodor Railway before being saved and restored at the Skarloey Railway. For a time, she was used as a guard's van when Beatrice was not available. Peter Sam mentioned her in a conversation with Skarloey, when he returned to service.
Skarloey took Cora to rescue Duncan after he got stuck in Rheneas Tunnel for doing "Rock n Roll". When Skarloey took Duncan home, Cora was left in a siding for the workmen to inspect the tunnel. When a documentary was made about the Skarloey Railway, Ada, Jane, Mabel and Cora had the honour of carrying the television equipment and cameras.
Duncan later took Cora to help repair one of Skarloey's coaches after it derailed.
Cora is painted periwinkle blue.
- The Little Old Engine - Trucks! (cameo), Home at Last (does not speak) and Little Old Twins (cameo)
- Gallant Old Engine - Steam Roller (cameo) and Passengers and Polish (cameo)
- 1972 - The Railway Series: Surprise Packet (does not speak)
- 1987 - The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways (mentioned)
- 1996 - Thomas the Tank Engine: The Complete Collection (does not speak)
- 2005 - Sodor: Reading Between the Lines (mentioned)
- With permission from Christopher Awdry, Cora was featured in the Corris Railway's newsletter, known as the "Corris-Pondent". Cora is depicted as a brake van who worked on the Corris Railway but moved to the Talyllyn Railway.
- Reverend W. Awdry's original model of her is presently on display at the Narrow Gauge Museum in Tywyn, Wales.