|This article is about 'the crane'. You may be looking for 'the Story Library book'.|
- “I've never been to a party".
Colin was fixed in one place. He couldn't move from the siding.
"We never have parties at the Wharf.”
- ―Colin and the Narrator, The Party Surprise, twelfth season
Colin works at the Wharf. He once felt upset because he could not attend a Christmas party and Freddie arranged for the party to be moved to the wharf so Colin could participate.
Colin is a chipper, cheerful, canal-side crane who works at the Wharf. While he isn’t the largest crane, or the strongest, Colin's determination and skill make him fast and efficient. He prides himself on always knowing the right lifting speed for the right load. Colin is a good friend to all and always looks on the bright side of the Wharf!
Colin is lonely deep inside, as he is fixed in place at the Wharf. He feels left out of some of the fun that the narrow gauge engines have. The engines bring him news from around the Island. He’s always fascinated hearing about events that happen in other places.
Colin is mostly green with red pulleys and cogwheels amongst his mechanism. He has a grey roof with grey boards along the top of his cab above his door.
- 2013 - King of the Railway (cancelled role)
- 2009 - The Party Surprise!
- The Big Book of Engines incorrectly lists Colin as a diesel powered crane.
- According to John Lee, Colin was originally supposed to have a longer nose, but this was scaled down due to merchandising reasons.
- Colin was originally going to appear in King of the Railway, and concept art of the film by Guru Studios shows that he would have been based at Ulfstead Castle.
- Wooden Railway (reintroduced 2014)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Take-n-Play (with Charlie)