|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the Thai DVD.|
Charlie and Eddie is the fourth episode of the fourteenth season.
Edward is given the job of taking the Fat Controller's car to the mechanic. Charlie arrives and tells Edward a joke. Edward does not laugh and Charlie remarks that Edward is too old to be a fun engine. Edward takes offence at this and is determined to prove Charlie wrong. Instead of going directly to Maron, Charlie and Edward take the Fenland Track because it is bumpy and fun.
When they finally arrive at Maron, Thomas tells Edward that the mechanic has just left on Bertie. Edward sees another opportunity to show Charlie how fun he can be and suggests that they chase after Bertie. Charlie thinks this is great fun, but Bertie soon outruns them. A worried Edward decides that it is best to contact the signalman to get a message to the mechanic, but Charlie tells him that it would not be fun. Edward then suggests taking the car to the Steamworks. Charlie likes this idea and they soon arrive at the Steamworks. Victor is away collecting parts, but Kevin tells Edward that they cannot mend cars at the Steamworks. Edward does not have any other option and insists that Kevin mend the car.
Edward and Charlie go back to the Steamworks later that day, but Kevin has not been able to fix the car. He has, however, placed a "funny funnel" on the car's roof. Sir Topham Hatt arrives and is not pleased with what he sees: his car is still broken and he needs it for an important journey that evening. Edward has an idea, he suggests that Sir Topham and Lady Hatt could ride with him that evening and his car could be mended the following day.
The next day, Edward goes back to the Steamworks and collects the Fat Controller's mended car. In the end, Charlie agrees with his friend Edward that being really useful is fun too.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Bertie (does not speak)
- Lady Hatt (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Mavis (cameo)
- The Teacher (cameo)
- Victor (mentioned)
- Going by production order, this is the fifth episode of the fourteenth season.
- Stock footage from Percy's Parcel, The Early Bird and Misty Island Rescue is used.
- This is the second time Edward is referred to as "Eddie." The first time was Steady Eddie.
- Kevin mistakenly calls Edward "boss." This stems from when Thomas took over as manager of the Steamworks in Steamy Sodor.
- A shortened version of the episode was uploaded to the shows' official page on the PBS Kids website. Mark Moraghan also re-narrated the episode.
- When Charlie puffs into the Steamworks for the last time, neither his wheels nor his siderods move.
- In several shots, Edward's bogie wheels are not turning.
- The first Nick Jr. airings had the first few minutes of the episode drowned out by Thomas, You're the Leader. The error was later corrected in 2012.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Charlie og Eddie||Charlie and Eddie|
|Danish||Charlie og Edward||Charlie and Edward|
|Japanese||チャーリーとエドワード||Charlie and Edward|
|Welsh||Charli ac Edi||Charlie and Eddie|
|Polish||Karol i Edek||Charlie and Edward|
|German||Charlie und Edward||Charlie and Edward|
|Finnish||Kaarlo ja Eetu||Charlie and Eddie|
|Swedish||Charlie och Eddie||Charlie and Eddie|
|Spanish||Charlie y Eddie||Charlie and Eddie|
|French||Charlie et Eddie||Charlie and Eddie|
|Chinese||查理和艾德华||Charlie and Edward|
|Korean||찰리와 에드워드||Charlie and Edward|
|Greek||Ο Tσάπλι και Ο Έντι||Charlie and Eddie|
|Italian||Charlie e Eddie||Charlie and Eddie|
|Czech||Charlie a Eddie||Charlie and Eddie|
|Russian||Глупое веселье||Silly Fun|
|Slovenian||Čarli in Edi||Charlie and Eddie|
|Hungarian||Charlie és Eddie||Charlie and Eddie|
|Romanian||Charlie și Eddie||Charlie and Eddie|
|Thai||เอ็ดเวิร์คอยากสนุก||Edward, Wanna Have Fun|
|Indonesian||Charlie dan Eddie||Charlie and Eddie|
Home Media Releases
- Sticky Situations