Captain is a brave wooden lifeboat. He is part of the Search and Rescue Team.
In "Misty Island Rescue" he helped to look for Thomas. In "Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure" he brings a policeman to arrest Sailor John.
Captain is a lifeboat who resides at the Sodor Search and Rescue in his own small shed, ready, willing, and always on hand raring for action in case of an emergency. He can easily be dispatched from his shed by means of a slipway, but often resides in the small dock at the Search and Rescue Centre too. Being a lifeboat, Captain knows that duty may call out at sea to help and rescue anyone at any time. He takes this role seriously and is highly assertive, confident, and is unfazed in the face of daring, dangerous missions, but is not made ostentatious or egotistical by his important responsibilities. He is level-headed, always knows what has to be done, and shows good leadership skills.
Captain is an Ex-Royal National Lifeboat institution Liverpool Class Lifeboat.
Captain's cab is painted yellow, his sides, blue, and his hull, red. He's lined in white. He has a long, thin, yellow mast at the stern of his body.
- Keith Wickham (UK/US; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- Christoffer Staib (Norway; Misty Island Rescue - fifteenth season)
- Kentarō Hayami (Japan; Misty Island Rescue theatrical version only)
- Hidenari Ugaki (Japan; Misty Island Rescue DVD onwards)
- Walter Wigand (Germany; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- Cezary Kwieciński (Poland; Misty Island Rescue - fifteenth season)
- Jacek Król (Poland; eighteenth season onwards)
- Alexander Heeren (The Netherlands; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- Armando Réndiz (Mexico)
- Fabrice Trojani (France and French speaking Canada)
- Salvador Serrano (Spain)
- Captain's livery is identical to Bulstrode's My First Thomas model.
- It is currently unknown how Captain was brought to Sodor; in other words, there is no episode that shows viewers how Captain first arrived, at least not yet.
- "Batter me broadside!"
- Captain, after Butch knocks some metal pipes into the sea, Stuck on You, fifteenth season.
- "Don't look at me, I only do rescues on water!"
- Captain, Toby to the Rescue, magazine story.
- "Did somebody lose their ball?!"
-Captain, when the giant globe falls into the sea, Emily Saves the World, eighteenth season.
|Harold • Bulstrode • P. S. Cumberland Road • S.S. Kathryn • Dignity • Mermaid • North Star • Nancy and Violet|
|Cranky • Jeremy • Colin • Captain • Owen • Merrick • Reg • S.S. Roxstar • Tiger Moth • Lucinda • The Queen of Sodor • A.J.R. No.1 • Ol' Wheezy • Hee-Haw • Sodor Line • Happy Hook • The Cranes • Krystyna • G-Hewi • Tugboats • The Aeroplane • The Salvage Barges • The Canal Boats • The Mail Boat • Lakesider III • The Fultan Ferry • The Tramp Steamer • AC.3929 • The Hot Air Balloon|
|Bluebird • The Tug Boat • The Yacht • The Lifeboats • Sodor Voyager • S.S. Sodor • Sir Topham • Steam Boat • The Seaplane • Sodor • The Airship • The Speedboat • Seasprite • Lizzie • S.S. Sodor Queen • S.S. Sodor Steamline • Sodor Harbor|