|This article is about the Leapster game. You may be looking for the special, the book, the coloring book, the other coloring book or the segments.|
During the construction process of the new airport, a hurricane strikes the Island of Sodor. It is up to the player to help the characters finish building the airport and also learn about reading and mathematical skills.
The game features four areas. Story, Games, Train Depot and Meet the Engines. The story is the same as the special's plot and is interactive. You can also play mini games where you have to spot the item described which will earn you blue tickets. You can also touch blue tickets in the background to gain them. There are two modes in the story, read and play. The difference is that you can only read the story in read and play has mini games.
Games has four games with different learning schemes: Pocket Watch, Cranky's Cargo, Harold's Barrels and Making Tracks with Thomas. In Pocket Watch, you set the Fat Controller's pocket watch to the same time as Knapford Station clock. In Cranky's Cargo, you help Cranky at the docks by completing patterns that are in trucks in one minute before the whistle blows. In Harold's Barrels, Harold has to retrieve barrels that are in the sea at the harbour by making words before his fuel tank runs out and he has to go back to land. There are also fuel barrels you can retrieve to increase game length. In Making Tracks with Thomas, you can travel to a place on Sodor by choosing the answer to an addition problem. All of these mini games earn red tickets.
Train Depot is where you can build and drive around Sodor. You start off with only Thomas to play on a small circle track. You buy more engines, items and track by using red tickets and blue tickets. Every building is interactive and you can hold cargo and fill up at coal loaders and water towers. The engines are Thomas, Henry, James, Percy and Mavis. This is also the only use of Red tickets and Blue tickets in the game.
Meet the Trains is where you can meet all the characters (excluding Diesel 10, Gordon, and Emily) from the special of the same name and read their descriptions. Each character blows their whistle (Diesel, 'Arry, Bert, Mavis, and Rusty honk their horns, the Fat Controller says, "Hello!", Harold spins his rotors, Lady rings her bell, and Cranky swings his hook) when touching them.
- 'Arry and Bert
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Clarabel (does not speak)
- Gordon (mentioned)
- This game is based off the special of the same name.
- Diesel 10, Gordon, and Emily are not present in the game, even though they were main characters in the actual special.
- An animated commercial of this game can be seen on the Calling All Engines DVD.
- Thomas uses James' whistle sound from the first season, while Edward, Henry, James and Percy have different whistle sounds.
- It is possible that James, Percy, Henry and Edward's whistles sound like whistles from American Engines.
- Annie and Clarabel are portrayed as having whistles, even though they're not engines.
- Lady has a bell rather then a whistle.
- Rusty is portrayed as a standard gauge engine, even though he is a narrow gauge engine.
- On the cover, Mavis is shown to be emitting steam, despite the fact she is a diesel.