Along with Connor, Thomas, Percy and James, she helped with the search of Stephen before Ulfstead Castle's opening. Caitlin once had to spend the night on Sodor and became too excited to listen to advice. During her night on Sodor, she took the mail train and the Flying Kipper. Unfortunately, she did not take others into consideration and ended up waking lots of people up.
Annie and Clarabel, who were in the yard waiting for Thomas, were accidentally coupled up to Caitlin and she took them to the Mainland, but was stopped by Hiro, who brought them back to Thomas.
Caitlin is a streamlined engine, designed for speed. Along with her friend Connor, Caitlin is an excitable and energetic character, who likes to be busy and loves to race. Both Connor and Caitlin are friendly and eager to get other engines to join in the fun with them. Caitlin is particularly impatient and restless if she has nothing to do. She would rather be racing than sit in a station and be idle. Connor and Caitlin were introduced to the island to bring passengers from the Mainland. They zip on and off the island frequently using the Vicarstown Rolling Bridge.
Caitlin is based on the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad streamlined President Class.
Caitlin is painted fuchsia with light grey and light blue lining
- Rebecca O'Mara (UK/US)
- Merete Brettschneider (Germany)
- Ewa Serwa (Poland)
- Sakura Yoshioka (Japan)
- Sarah MacDonald Berge (Norway; King of the Railway onwards, excluding the seventeenth season)
- Lena Meieran (Norway; seventeenth season only)
- Blanche Ravalec (France and French speaking Canada)
- Mireya Mendoza (Mexico)
- Tillie Bech (Denmark)
- Mercedes Espinosa (Spain)
- In real life, Caitlin would be too large for the British loading gauge. However, she seems to have been re-scaled to avoid any animation issues.
- Caitlin's valve gear and siderods are not animated properly. Their movement would be jammed in real life.
- Caitlin has been modified for use of British rail lines, given a screwlink coupling and buffers at the back.
- Wooden Railway
- Wind-up Trains (Japan only)
- Motor Road and Rail (Japan only)
- Collectible Railway
|98462 and 87546 • The Workshop Engines • The Foreign Engines • Diesel • The Foreign Engine • The Derailed Engine • Jinty and Pug • The Diesel • The Scrapyard Engines • 199 • Gordon's Brothers • The Passing Diesel • Other Railway Diesels • King James I • Old Stuck-Up • Alfred and Judy • Toby's Brothers • 8783 • The Old Engine • The Highland Engines • The Diesel Shunter • 31120 • 10751 • Wilbert • Sixteen • Sixteen's Friends • Albert • Bahamas • D5705 • Lemberg • Pretty Polly • The Dukedogs • British Railways|
|Lady • Spencer • Hiro • Hiro's Friends • Connor • Caitlin • Stephen's Competitors • The Mainland Engines • Gator|
|Silver Jubilee • Helena|
|Spencer's Special Coaches • Connor's Coaches • Caitlin's Coaches|
|The Flying Thistle • Thirteen • The Fast Mail Train|