|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story, the book, the annual story or the US book.|
- “Farmer Trotter is waiting for you, bees. You will like living on his farm.”
- ―Thomas talking to the bees
Buzzy Bees is the nineteenth episode of the thirteenth season.
One morning, Thomas arrives at Brendam Docks. He is to take bee hives to Farmer Trotter and Hiro is to deliver flowers to Farmer McColl. Hiro is very stern and tells Thomas to take the bees through the woods. But Thomas thinks that the woods are very boring and takes the route along a large meadow instead. The bees escape, however, and will not come back to the hives, as they are too busy with the flowers in the meadow. Thomas decides to borrow Hiro's flower truck that Hiro had left at Farmer McColl's to lure the bees back. However, the bees start to swarm around Thomas, much to his dismay. Hiro meets Thomas at a junction and tells Thomas that his truck of flowers had gone missing. Thomas tells Hiro the whole story and vows to put the trouble right. Thomas collects the hive truck and couples it up to the flower truck. Then he takes the loads and the bees, who are still buzzing around him, through the cold and dark forest. The bees return to their hives, as a result of this and Thomas delivers them to Farmer Trotter. He then returns the flowers to Farmer McColl, apologises to Hiro and promises to take his advice from now on.
- Farmer Trotter
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Big Mickey (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Farmer McColl (mentioned)
- McColl Farm
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Whistling Woods
- Whistling Woods Junction
- Farmer Trotter's Pig Farm
- The Coal Hopper
- This episode was shown in select US theatres in January 2010.
- This is the first episode of the CGI Series not to have Keith Wickham as part of the voice cast.
- This episode is frequently bundled with digital downloads or Hulu versions of various Thomas DVDs.
- Thomas' problem is similar to James' from the third season episode, Buzz, Buzz.
- In the first shot of the docks, Hiro's tender is not rendered properly, as it is transparent.
- Wooden Railway - Thomas and the Buzzy Bees 2-pack
- Take-n-Play - Thomas and the Bees
- Books - Buzzy Bees and Thomas and the Buzzy Bees
- Magazine Stories - Buzzy Bees
In Other Languages
|Catalan||Abelles fins a les celles|
|Danish||Et slidsomt bijob|
|French||Des abeilles qui n'en font qu'à leur tête|
|Hungarian||A zümmögő méhek|
|Indonesian||Lebah yang Sibuk|
|Norwegian||Travle som bier|
Home Media Releases