|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Malaysian DVD.|
|Busy Going Backwards|
October 29th, 1998
Busy Going Backwards is the twenty-third episode of the fifth season.
Toad is bored with looking at everything from behind and the trucks are cross that he does not appreciate looking after them, so when Oliver takes a goods train up Gordon's Hill the trucks break away and go careering down the line. After narrowing avoiding collisions with James, Gordon, and Henry, Toad is finally diverted into a pond. Toad now appreciates seeing everything from behind.
- Henry (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Edward (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Bertie (cameo)
- A rendition of "William Tell's Overture" is heard throughout the runaway.
- During the near collision between James and Toad, James says "Yikes!" in the UK, but in the US narration, he says "Oh my goodness!".
- The picture of Duke from Bulldog can be seen in the signal box.
- In Germany, this episode is called "Toad and the Reverse". The Italian title is "Back All!". The Japanese title is "Toad Backwards".
- The line "On! On! Faster!" is said sooner in the UK narration than in the US narration.
- When Toad rolls to the bottom of Gordon's Hill, from his point of view, the edge of the scenery can be seen.
- When Toad switches lines to avoid Gordon, the track ends in bushes.
- In the distant shot of Toad being switched to the track with the buffers, seconds before the camera cuts, Toad and the front two trucks derail.
- A string can be seen when Toad goes out of the siding.
- When Toad swerves away from the buffers and back onto the main line, the mechanism pushing him from behind is seen.
- Toad would not have been able to reach the buffers that he thought would stop him as the points weren't even connected to the rest of the track.
- When Toad swerves at the siding, some studio equipment is seen.
- When Oliver rushes under the Wellsworth footbridge part of the fencing is bent.
- The narrator says "they diverted them into old sidings" when he should have said "they diverted them into an old siding".
- There is no way Oliver could turn around as quickly as he did after the trucks broke away.
- James is seen going through Wellsworth heading west when Oliver passes him, but later James is seen coming along the middle line heading east.
- When Toad falls into the pond, in the shot from his point of view, studio equipment can be seen in the top left corner.
- Oliver's trucks keep changing throughout the duration of the episode.
- Wouldn't Toad and the trucks have derailed at bends due to their speed?
- The trucks and Toad travel much further than they would have in real life.