Bulstrode is a highly disagreeable barge.
Bulstrode was used to carry cargo like coal and stone, but always complained about not being loaded fast enough. This annoyed the trucks, but one day Bulstrode ended up getting what he deserved when Percy accidentally pushed trucks off the quay and into his hull. He was then towed to Knapford beach, where he was turned into a children's playground. He remains there today, most likely still grumbling.
Bulstrode is bad-tempered and never stops complaining.
Bulstrode is painted cream, black, and red. In the "My First Thomas" range he is painted blue, red, and yellow.
Bulstrode is based on a 1920s self-propelled coastal barge.
- Ryōichi Tanaka (Japan)
- Bulstrode's appearance in the television series is rather different from his Railway Series appearance: in the Railway Series he has two hulls and his face is the same colour as his cab, while in the television series he only has one hull and the standard grey face.
- Bulstrode's model has been put on display at Drayton Manor on a beach near Bluff's Cove.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- My First Thomas
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Wind-up Trains (Japan only)
|Harold • Bulstrode • P. S. Cumberland • S.S. Kathryn • Dignity • Mermaid • North Star|
|Cranky • Jeremy • Colin • Captain • Owen • Merrick • S.S. Roxstar • Tiger Moth • Lucinda • The Queen of Sodor • A.J.R. No.1 • Ol' Wheezy • Hee-Haw • Sodor Line • Happy Hook • The Cranes • Tugboats • The Aeroplane • The Salvage Barges • The Canal Boats • The Mail Boat • Lakesider III • The Fultan Ferry • The Tramp Steamer • The Hot Air Balloon|
|The Stationary Boiler • The Yacht • The Lifeboats • S.S. Sodor • The Seaplane • Sodor • The Airship • The Speedboat|