|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Bulgy Rides Again|
Bulgy Rides Again is the nineteenth episode of the seventh season.
Thomas and Emily are being repaired and there is no one to run the branch line during the summer holidays, so, as a last resort, the Fat Controller gives Bulgy a second chance and has him restored. However, his previous residents, the chickens, miss their henhouse. They roost in his luggage racks overnight and, when Bulgy has to swerve suddenly the next day, the chickens panic, frightening the passengers and covering them with feathers and eggs.
Bulgy and the passengers are angry over this incident and Bulgy is sent to be cleaned. Emily tells him a farmer needs something to sell his vegetables in and this gives Bulgy an idea. As a result, Bulgy is painted green and turned into a mobile vegetable stand.
Bulgy could not be happier, as now he does not have to put up with chickens or passengers.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Trevor (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Arthur (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- One member of the Railway Board (cameo)
- Oliver (stock footage cameo)
- Peter Sam (stock footage cameo)
- Bulgy's Bridge
- Knapford Sheds
- Henry's Tunnel
- The Works
- Tidmouth Bay (stock footage)
- Lakeside (stock footage)
- Neptune Refreshments (stock footage)
- This episode marks Bulgy's first speaking role since the third season and his last speaking role to date.
- Stock footage from Bulgy, Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady, and Percy's Chocolate Crunch is used.
- The US version uses the original music instead of the new music on Thomas and the Jet Engine and Other Adventures.
- In the UK narration, Bulgy has developed a nasal voice.
- Oliver has Percy's whistle sound.
- Because stock footage is used, Peter Sam has his old funnel.
- Thomas is seen taking some trucks down the line at one point, but he was supposed to be at the foundry being repaired.
- Bulgy overtakes Trevor then swerves to avoid the mail van. In the next shot, Trevor and the mail van are nowhere to be seen and Bulgy appears to have backed up quite a bit.
- When Bulgy says "A vegetable bus? That's not such a bad idea", a crew member's movements are reflected in his front driver-side window, and Bulgy's face is slightly crooked.
- When Trevor overtakes Bulgy after the hens wake up, Trevor's noise suddenly disappears when the passengers get a close-up; then, in the very next shot when Bulgy claims "It's not my fault...", Trevor is audible again.
- The storyteller's hat is severely damaged in one scene.
- The mail van does not appear to have a driver.
- When the passengers evacuate Bulgy, they are dirty, but when Bulgy says, "it's not my fault", they are spotless.
- The small scale model of Bulgy's driver has a moustache, but his large scale model is clean shaven.
- When the Fat Controller comes to talk to Bulgy about his restoration, Bulgy is not in as much disrepair as he was at the end of Bulgy.
- The first scenes of the foundry take place at Knapford Sheds, but when Bulgy returns after his mishap with the hens, the foundry has been relocated at Wellsworth, and Thomas and Emily have been parked differently.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||バルジーとニワトリ||Bulgy and the Chickens|
|Swedish||Bulgy blir hämnd||Bulgy Gets Revenge|
|Hungarian||Bulgy Újra az Úton||Bulgy Back on the Road|