|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the bus.|
A special holiday is being celebrated and many visitors are traveling on Duck's Branch Line. At Tidmouth, Duck meets a double-decker bus, who threatens that one day rails will be ripped up. Duck warns Oliver, who takes his threat with a pinch of salt and nicknames the bus "Bulgy". But later, Oliver becomes concerned when another bus comes to help Bulgy. Then the two Great Western engines see Bulgy pretending to be a railway bus and are furious. Duck chases after him and finds Bulgy stuck under a bridge. Duck cautiously crosses the bridge and takes Bulgy's passengers home, but Bulgy never learns sense. And when no one believes him anymore, he is turned into a henhouse.
- Bertie (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- BoCo (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Bulgy's Friend (mentioned)
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Oliver the Western Engine.
- Exactly what holiday, that is being celebrated, is not revealed. A banner in the background of one shot even reads "Special Holiday".
- In the Greek version, the opening scene is cut out.
- In the US, this episode aired before Escape, so the viewers would not know who Oliver is.
- At the beginning of the episode, Duck is seen crossing a bridge. Later in the episode, Bulgy is seen crossing the same bridge.
- Percy has James' whistle sound and Oliver has Edward's.
- Throughout the episode, the roofs of Oliver's coaches are dented.
- When Duck first meets Bulgy, his ANTI-RAILWAY sign is on his right-hand side, and the RAILWAY BUS sign is on his left. But when Bulgy steals Duck's passengers, the signs have swapped sides.
- At the end of this episode, Duck should have been at one of the platforms that Percy or Thomas were at so his passengers could get off his train.
- Oliver tells Duck that only he calls the bus "Bulgy", but when Duck is talking with Bulgy at Tidmouth Station, the name "Bulgy" can be clearly seen placed on the bus' left side.
- Lady Hatt appears in her first season form again.
- When Bulgy's passengers complain about being tricked, Jeremiah Jobling is smiling.
In other languages
|German||Bulgy, der abgeschobene Doppeldecker||Bulgy, the Expelled Double-Decker|
|Norwegian||Bussen Bulgy||Bulgy the Bus|
|Japanese||2かいだてバスのバルジー||Bulgy the Double Decker Bus|