|This article is about the landmark. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
"Bulgy's Bridge" is the nickname given to a bridge on the Little Western that Bulgy once got stuck under and damaged in the Railway Series book, Oliver the Western Engine and the third season episode, Bulgy. He was later removed from underneath the bridge and left to be a henhouse for some hens in a nearby field, named "Bulgy's Field". Bulgy was then removed from the field and used as a vegetable bus.
Behind The Scenes
The model used for Bulgy's Bridge was recycled for several other bridges seen around Sodor. The bridge was once seen with a single railway line running underneath it in the fifth season episode, Lady Hatt's Birthday Party and the eighth season episodes, Don't Tell Thomas and Gordon Takes Charge. The bridge was also used as a tunnel that the workmen were working on in the fifth season episode, Thomas and the Rumours. That same tunnel also appeared in Happy Ever After.
- In its debut episode, the bridge has a sign that reads 14' 9" for clearance. But since the fourth season, the sign has been removed.
- In the special, Thomas and the Magic Railroad, the wide shot of the bridge shows a railway line and another bridge beside the bridge.
- According to the CGI Series map, Bulgy's Bridge is located between Tidmouth Hault and Haultraugh.
- A running gag throughout the series is that the bridge has still not been properly repaired; the broken section was merely secured to the rest of the bridge with wooden boards.
- In the TV Series, the cricket field is located here.