Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
Buffer Bother is the nineteenth episode of the sixth season.
When Sir Topham Hatt comes to inspect the quarry, he discovers Ben is in need of new buffers and orders him to go to the works to have them fitted. Bill, jealous of Ben, tells Ben that he only needs new buffers because he is clumsy and the two argue. Mavis scolds them for being grouchy and the two go back to work.
Bill, still thinking of Ben's new buffers, becomes careless, causing him to knock a pipe into his funnel and sneeze it out. He tries thinking about birds, trees and anything that would make him forget about Ben's new buffers, but nothing seems to work. Mavis tells him to be happy that he is in working order (and not in need of new buffers), but Bill simply huffs and wheeshes soot all over Mavis by accident.
When the trucks hear that Bill is cross about Ben getting new buffers, they start teasing him, making Bill cross. Bill tries to shut the trucks up by shunting them, but accidentally reverses into a ditch and damages his buffers in the process. He is pulled out by Ben, who had just returned from the works, but Sir Topham Hatt is not pleased. Before having Bill sent to the works to get new buffers, he reprimands Bill and tells him to think about what it means to be a responsible, reliable engine. Bill later commends Ben on his new buffers and the twins make up their quarrel.
- The working title for this episode was Bill and Ben's Excellent Adventure, which would have been a reference to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, which starred George Carlin.
- This episode marks the third time an engine sneezes. The first was from Whistles and Sneezes and the second was from Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- When Sir Topham Hatt inspects the engines, Ben's buffers are not broken.
- When the narrator says "Ben was happy," Ben's face moves.
- When Mavis says "Be careful and stop thinking about Ben's new buffers," a wire is seen inside her cab.
- When Bill shunts a truck in a siding, Mavis is shunting trucks in the bottom left, but after the pipe falls into Bill's funnel and he sneezes it out, Mavis suddenly turns around.
- When Bill falls into the ditch, he looks angry and his eyes are wonky.
- In the close-up of Bill in the ditch, the truck he pushed into the ditch is visibly smiling in the right-hand corner.
- Mavis has Derek's horn sound.
- When Ben returns and sees Bill in the ditch, Bill's buffers are not broken.
- When Bill says "But I still know how to biff a truck," he reverses and passes Mavis. However in the next shot when Mavis says "No!" Bill passes her again.
In Other Languages
|Russian||Брат по буферу||Brother Buffer|
|Japanese||くるまどめのもんだい||Problem of Buffer|
|Polish||Odbojnikowy Problem||Bumper Problem|
|Danish||Bill og Bens fantastiske eventyr||Bill and Ben's Great Adventure|
|Slovenian||Polomljeni Odbijači||Broken Bumpers|
|Italian||I Respingenti Nuovi||The New Buffers|
|Hungarian||Ütköző gondok||Buffer Problems|
|Romanian||Fraţi de Amortizoare||Brothers Mufflers|
|Slovak||Nový nárazník||New Bumper|
|Korean||샘이 난 빌||Sam I'm Bill|
|Czech||Trápení s nárazníky||Affliction with Bumpers|
|Thai||กันชนอันใหม่ของหัวรถจักรคู่แฝด||New Fender of the Engine Twins|
Home Media Releases