Brendam, also known as Brendam Docks or Brendam Bay, is a town with a population of 5,000. It is the top station for Edward's Branch Line and an important harbour. Bill and Ben bring china clay from the nearby China Clay Workings, and it is shipped to the mainland.
The Sodor China Clay Company, established in 1948, occasionally hosts days when enthusiasts may look around. Bill and Ben particularly enjoy the attention these visitors give them.
In the television series, a coastal branch line runs from the port, and is mainly used for fish traffic. It also appears that the express stops here on its way to Vicarstown, to collect passengers from the many ocean liners that come in here. In the second and third seasons, there was a station near the docks, but it has not been seen since. In the fifth and sixth seasons, there was a large good shed nearby Cranky, but after he accidentally knocked it over, it has not been rebuilt or seen since. The mail barge also docks here. The docks here are large and extensive, with many warehouses, cranes, rail yards and canals.
In Main Line Engines and the second season, it is stated that the track and bridges on Edward's Branch Line do not support the heavier weight of the Main Line engines such as Gordon or Henry. However, in Wrong Road, Gordon and the Express were switched onto the Branch Line and ended up at Brendam Docks, though this was done by mistake. Ever since the fifth season, engines like Gordon, Henry, Murdoch and Hiro have appeared travelling regularly at Brendam Docks, despite Edward's Branch Line not being able to hold their weight regularly. In the CGI Series, Brendam Docks has been portrayed as a main line station and Gordon, pulling the Express, is regularly delivering passengers to the docks.
- The Sodor Shipping Company has at least one large warehouse here.
- It is often misspelt "Brendham", particularly in merchandise and in the subtitles of DVDs.
- Since the fifth season, Brendam Docks has been portrayed as a main line station and also since same season, Big Mickey and S.S. Vienna's models from TUGS can be seen at Brendam.
- Since the thirteenth season, there is no longer ballast under the rails at Brendam.
- Since the seventeenth season, there are points near Cranky so the engines can switch tracks.
- Wooden Railway
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Collectible Railway
- Bachmann (warehouse only)
- Mega Bloks