The Sodor China Clay Company, established in 1948, occasionally hosts days when enthusiasts may look around. Bill and Ben particularly enjoy the attention these visitors give them.
In the television series, a coastal branch line runs from the port, and is mainly used for fish traffic. It also appears that the express stops here on its way to Vicarstown, to collect passengers from the many ocean liners that come in here. The mail barge also docks here. The docks here are large and extensive, with many warehouses, cranes, rail yards and canals.
- The Sodor Shipping Company has at least one large warehouse here.
- It is often misspelt "Brendham", particularly in merchandise and in the subtitles of DVDs.
- Since the thirteenth season, there is no longer ballast under the rails at Brendam.
- Since the seventeenth season, there are points near Cranky so the engines can switch tracks.
- Brendam Docks are based on a mish-mash of different docks from the 1940s England, including Gloucester, Liverpool, and London