Brendam, is a town located on the coast of Brendam Bay with a population of 5,000, and home to Brendam Docks. It is the top station for Edward's Branch Line and an important harbour. Bill and Ben bring china clay here from the nearby China Clay Workings, which is then shipped to the mainland.
History and Operations
Brendan Docks is one of the busiest dockyard on the Island of Sodor. Cranky is stationed here, and he always loads and unloads cargo to and from the dock. Salty, who loves to work at the Docks and tell tales of the sea, was bought by Sir Topham Hatt to also work here. Later, Porter arrived to accompany Salty with the workloads.
In the television series, a coastal branch line runs from the port, and is mainly used for fish traffic. It also appears that the express stops here on its way to Vicarstown, to collect passengers from the many ocean liners that come in here. In the fifth and sixth seasons, there was a large goods shed nearby Cranky, but after he accidentally knocked it over, it has not been rebuilt or seen since. The mail barge also docks here. The docks here are large and extensive, with many warehouses, cranes, rail yards and canals.
In Main Line Engines and the second season, it is stated that the track and bridges on Edward's Branch Line do not support the heavier weight of the Main Line engines such as Gordon or Henry. However, in Wrong Road, Gordon and the Express were switched onto the Branch Line and ended up at Brendam Docks, though this was done by mistake. Ever since the fifth season, engines like Gordon, Henry, Murdoch, Spencer and Hiro have appeared travelling regularly at Brendam Docks, despite Edward's Branch Line not being able to hold their weight regularly. In the CGI Series, Brendam Docks has been portrayed as a main line station and Gordon, pulling the Express, is regularly delivering passengers to the docks.
- The Sodor Shipping Company has at least one large warehouse here.
- It is often misspelt "Brendham", particularly in merchandise and in the subtitles of DVDs.
- Since the fifth season, Brendam Docks has been portrayed as a main line station and also since the same season, Big Mickey and S.S. Vienna's models from TUGS can be seen here.
- Since the thirteenth season, there is no longer ballast under the rails.
- Since King of the Railway, there are points near Cranky so the engines can switch tracks.
- Wooden Railway
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Collectible Railway
- Motor Road and Rail
- Bachmann (warehouse only)
- Mega Bloks