- “I shall get lost in the fog, and never be seen again!”
Bold and Brave is the twenty-first episode of the ninth season.
Thomas is collecting equipment for the seaside station and Diesel warns him of the "curse of the cliffs." Thomas is skeptical, but when Harold warns him of fog near the headlands, Thomas is frightened. He later finds Ben outside of a tunnel, who tells him Diesel says a monster is lurking inside. Thomas goes to investigate and realizes the monster is really a generator powering some lights. Ben thanks Thomas and goes on with his job. Thomas puffs onwards and comes across the fog, but thinks about Diesel's other lie and bravely goes on. In the future, Thomas knows not to believe Diesel, but to believe in himself.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Gordon (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Caroline (cameo)
- Tiger Moth (cameo)
- James (deleted scene)
- Percy (deleted scene)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Kirk Ronan Junction
- Coastal Cliffs
- Norramby Seaside Station
- The Headlands
- This is the first episode in which Ben appears without Bill and the second in which one of the twins appears without the other after Oliver Owns Up.
- This episode marks the last of two things:
- Tiger Moth and Caroline's last appearance to date.
- The last time Harold appears with static eyes.
- Going by production order, this is the ninth episode of the ninth season.
- A deleted scene from the book, Thomas Is Not Afraid of the Dark shows that James and Percy were originally to have roles.
- The narrator says, "Diesel chugged away," but Diesel is, obviously, a diesel thus diesel engines do not chug.
- When Thomas passes the lighthouse, he looks sad even though he now knows that Diesel lied about the "Curse of the Cliffs."
Home Media Releases