Bold and Brave is the twenty-first (ninth in Australia) episode of the ninth season.
Thomas is collecting equipment for the seaside station and Diesel warns him of the "curse of the cliffs." Thomas is sceptical, but when Harold warns him of fog near the headlands, Thomas is frightened. He later finds Ben outside of a tunnel, who tells him Diesel says a monster is lurking inside. Thomas goes to investigate and realises the monster is really a generator powering some lights. Ben thanks Thomas and goes on with his job. Thomas puffs onwards and comes across the fog, but thinks about Diesel's other lie and bravely goes on. In the future, Thomas knows not to believe Diesel, but to believe in himself.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Gordon (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Tiger Moth (cameo)
- James (deleted scene)
- Percy (deleted scene)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Kirk Ronan Junction
- Coastal Cliffs
- Norramby Seaside Station
- The Headlands
- This is the first episode in which Ben appears without Bill.
- This episode marks Tiger Moth's last appearance to date.
- This episode marks the last time Harold appears with static eyes.
- Going by production order, this is the ninth episode of the ninth season.
- A deleted scene from the book, "Thomas Is Not Afraid of the Dark" shows that James and Percy were originally to have a role.
- The narrator says, "Diesel chugged away," but Diesel is, obviously, a diesel.
- When the narrator says "Soon the seaside station was up ahead," Thomas looks worried even though he now knows that Diesel lied about the "Curse of the Cliffs."
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Modige Thomas||Brave Thomas|
|Dutch||Kloek en Kranig||Valiant and Brave|
|Polish||Odważny Tomek||Brave Thomas|
|Russian||Сильный и смелый||Strong and Brave|
|Italian||Audace e Coraggioso||Daring and Brave|
|Gaelic||Tapaidh is Treun||Bold and Brave|
|Hungarian||A Sziklaszirt Átka||The Curse of Cliff|
|Finnish||Ylpeä ja Urhea||Proud and Brave|
|Portuguese||Valente e audaz||Brave and Daring|
|Spanish||Valiente y audaz||Brave and Daring|
|Romanian||Îndrăzneală și Curaj||Boldness and Courage|
|Czech||Odvážný Tomáš||Brave Thomas|
|German||Diesels Märchenstunde||Diesel's Fairytale Hour|
|Slovak||Odvážny Thomas||Brave Thomas|
|Chinese||大胆和勇敢||Bold and Courageous|
|Korean||절벽의 저주||Curse of the Cliff|
|Danish||Tapre Thomas Tog||Brave Thomas the Train|
|Swedish||Den modige Thomas||The Brave Thomas|
|Croatian||Hrabar i odvažan||Bold and Daring|