|Bill, Ben and Fergus|
Bill, Ben and Fergus is the third episode of the seventh season.
Fergus has been sent to work at the quarry with Mavis, Bill, and Ben. Bill and Ben become infuriated by Fergus' repetition of the phrase "Do it right!" and while traveling to Brendam to collect a rock crusher, resolve to do the opposite of what he tells them to do. Their rash decision almost ends in disaster though, for when they pass by a hillside, they create a landslide. Fergus, thinking quickly, pushes them out of harm's way and takes the force of the slide. Bill and Ben rescue the little traction engine and realise Fergus was right to warn them.
- Bill and Ben
- Percy (cameo)
- Arthur (cameo)
- 'Arry and Bert (cameo)
- Salty (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- The Fisherman (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Brendam Docks
- Anopha Quarry
- The Watermill
- Three Tier Bridge
- The Castle Tunnel (deleted scene)
- A rare still shows Fergus sleeping even though he is covered in rocks.
- Percy, Arthur, and 'Arry and Bert are seen working at the quarry.
- During the scene of Bill and Ben helping to dig Fergus out, part of the footage is sped up. During PBS Kids airings, the same footage is sped up even more.
- In a still picture, Thomas, Fergus, Annie, and Clarabel were facing the other way at Maithwaite.
- According to a recent SiF interview with Chris Lloyd, Fergus' flywheel was damaged in the landslide scene.
- Going by production order, this is the fifteenth episode of the seventh season.
- When Fergus arrives at the quarry, Percy is seen pulling trucks to the left across the bridge. A few seconds later, 'Arry is - impossibly - seen pushing trucks to the right across the bridge.
- When Bill and Ben are at the docks, they are seen side-by-side, but when they push the rock crusher away, they are suddenly both on the same track.
- The landslide occurred near a rockface where the rails ended. No points were seen during the aerial shot of the area, so it is impossible that Bill and Ben managed to get behind Fergus when he pushed them forwards.
- The narrator says Fergus' driver jumped clear, but, just before the rocks fall on Fergus, his driver is still visible in his cab.
- Throughout this episode, Mavis has Daisy's second season horn sound.
- This episode is out of production order, as Arthur appears briefly, but he isn't introduced until The Spotless Record.
- In the very first shot of the men blasting, Elizabeth's horn sound is heard, but she is no where to be seen.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||ビルとベンとファーガス||Ben and Bill and Fergus|
|Polish||Wiluś, Benio i Franek / Wiluś, Benio oraz Franek||Wiluś, Benio and Franek|
|Welsh||Bil, Ben a Fergus||Bill, Ben and Fergus|
|Swedish||Bill, Ben och Fergus||Bill, Ben and Fergus|
|Italian||Bill, Ben e Fergus||Bill, Ben and Fergus|