|This article is about the US VHS/DVD release. You may be looking for the UK DVD release or the Japanese VHS.|
|Best of Thomas|
September 25th, 2001
Best of Thomas is a US VHS/DVD release featuring two third season episodes, one second season episode, three first season episodes and two fourth season episodes narrated by George Carlin and one song. The DVD release also featured three additional songs.
This release was distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment and released on DVD in 2001. And was released again in a 3 disc set with the Best of James and the Best of Percy in 2003. Lionsgate released the title for digital download in 2013.
For over fifty years, the exciting adventures of Thomas the Tank Engine and his Island of Sodor friends have enchanted millions of people around the world. With his endearing grin, light-hearted attitude, and cheeky personality, Thomas has enriched the lives of generations of children.
Over the past year, we have received hundreds of thousands of letters, e-mails, and phone calls from fans who wanted to share with us their favorite Thomas stories. From this loyal support, we are proud to produce this first-ever DVD which includes eight of your favorite Thomas adventures and remarkable bonus features that promote learning and fun for everyone!
- Thomas Gets Bumped
- A New Friend for Thomas
- Thomas, Percy and the Dragon
- Thomas Saves the Day
- Trouble for Thomas
- Thomas and Stepney
- A Big Day for Thomas
- Thomas Meets the Queen
- Really Useful Engine
- Thomas' Anthem (DVD only)
- It's Great to be an Engine (DVD only)
- Let's Have a Race (DVD only)
- Thomas and the Dinosaur read-along story
- "Harold the Helicopter" interactive CD rom game
- Character Gallery
- "What Colour Am I?", "Find My Number", and "Which Engine Am I?" DVD games
- This is the first US DVD release.
- An extended version of the original theme music is featured on the episode selection, sing-along and bonus features menus.
- Additional clips from Thomas gets Tricked, Terence the Tractor, Thomas Goes Fishing, Foolish Freight Cars, Double Teething Troubles, Double Trouble, Thomas Comes to Breakfast, Put Upon Percy, Baa!, James and the Trouble with Trees, Make Someone Happy, Happy Ever After, Thomas and the Rumours, Thomas' Christmas Party, A Scarf for Percy, Percy's Ghostly Trick, Thomas, Percy and the Mail Train and Thomas, Percy and Old Slowcoach are used in the intermissions between the episodes.
- Trouble for Thomas is out of sync.
- On the 'Thomas' Best Friends' section in the booklet, Diesel, George, Bulstrode, The Chinese Dragon and the Troublesome Trucks are featured but they are more like enemies (except for the Chinese Dragon who is neither a friend or enemy because that's made of paper). Also Skarloey and Rheneas' pictures have each other's names.