|This article is about the US release. You may be looking for the Japanese VHS.|
|Best of Gordon|
February 3rd, 2004
Best of Gordon is a US VHS/DVD release featuring three first season episodes, one second season episode and three third season episodes narrated by George Carlin and two fifth season episodes narrated by Alec Baldwin. It was distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment in 2004 and reissued by Lionsgate in 2009. Lionsgate released the title for digital download in 2013.
He's faster than a speeding Bertie, more powerful than any other locomotive, and able to climb steep hills on a single tender of coal - - - who is he????
He's Gordon, the fastest and most powerful engine on the Island of Sodor. Now you can share in all of his splendor with this exciting collection of stories starring everyone's favorite express engine.
In this commorative Collector's Edition, watch as Gordon helps Thomas out of a "sticky" situation. Discover what Gordon's spooky gremlin really turns out to be, and learn that sometimes, even the strongest engine needs a little help from his friends.
So hop on the express coaches and take a ride with Gordon as he takes you on some of his favorite and most exciting adventures.
- Gordon Takes a Dip
- Down the Mine
- Whistles and Sneezes
- Gordon and the Famous Visitor
- Wrong Road
- The Trouble with Mud
- Tender Engines
- Gordon and the Gremlin
- A Better View for Gordon
- The back cover shows a deleted scene of Gordon pulling the goods train in The Trouble with Mud.
- The first line of the description is a parody of the opening titles for "Superman".
- Unlike Thomas, Percy, and James' "Best Of" videos, this release includes actual nameboard intermissions.
- A cassette tape was included with some VHS releases for a limited time. It featured the following songs:
- The "Britt Allcroft Presents" logo sequence is cut out.
- The Nick Jr. Logo is seen after the credits.
- On the back cover, A Better View for Gordon is just called "Better View for Gordon".
- At the end of the intermission, just before "Tender Engines", it's said that a music video would follow. This was corrected on the DVD release.
- In Gordon's Memory Game, Gordon says "Can you remember what was not in the scene with Thomas?" after a scene with James is shown.
- The last few seconds of Gordon Takes a Dip are cut out.
- The credits from Percy's Chocolate Crunch and Other Thomas Adventures are used, and because of this, David Maidment, Britt Allcroft, and David Mitton are not credited for the episodes written.