|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the annual story or the DVD.|
Best Friends is the twentieth episode of the twelfth season.
Neville informs Thomas and Percy that the brass band is coming for a special concert. Thomas suggests that if Percy wants to collect the band, he should go to the washdown. But while Percy is away, the Fat Controller arrives and asks Thomas to take the band. Thomas feels bad and tries to avoid Percy, but when he has to collect the band from Brendam, he is found by Percy. Thomas feels guilty and asks the Fat Controller to let Percy collect the band afterwards, and leaves to tell Percy of his plan. Percy and Thomas make up and agree to never keep secrets from each other again.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Duck (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Sodor Brass Band (do not speak)
- Behind the scenes footage for The Great Discovery included Pierce Brosnan reading the script of the episode.
- Stock footage from Percy and the Left Luggage is used.
- This episode aired before The Great Discovery came out in the UK, meaning the audience may not have known what Great Waterton was.
- This episode marks Neville's first speaking role since his debut in the ninth season episode Thomas and the New Engine.
- This was the final episode for several things:
- The final episode to use models for filming. From Hero of the Rails onwards, all footage is in CGI.
- The last episode aired to be filmed at Shepperton Studios.
- The last episode to be directed by Steve Asquith
- The final episode to be narrated by Arturo Mercado Jr. in Latin America and Dário de Castro in Brazil.
- The last appearance of Duck until the seventeenth season episode, Henry's Hero.
- The last appearance of Neville to date.
- In the US narration, after Sir Topham Hatt tells Thomas his job, he says "thank you", but he mumbles.
- A brakevan should have been added to Percy's train.
- When Percy arrives at the docks, only Thomas' face is in CGI. Thomas' CGI face is not in the right position in that scene.
In Other Languages
|German||Beste Freunde||Best Friends|
|Italian||Il migliore amico||The Best Friend|