|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the annual story, the German DVD, or the French DVD.|
September 26th, 2008
Best Friends is the twentieth episode of the twelfth season.
Neville informs Thomas and Percy that the brass band is coming for a special concert. Thomas suggests that if Percy wants to collect the band then he should go to the washdown, but while Percy is away the Fat Controller arrives and asks Thomas to take the band. Thomas feels bad and tries to avoid Percy, but when he has to collect the band from Brendam he is found by Percy. Thomas feels guilty and asks the Fat Controller to let Percy collect the band afterwards, and leaves to tell Percy of his plan. Percy and Thomas make up and agree to never keep secrets from each other again.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Duck (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Sodor Brass Band (do not speak)
- Stock footage from Percy and the Left Luggage is used.
- Neville has his first speaking role since Thomas and the New Engine.
- This was the final episode to use models for filming. From Hero of the Rails onwards, all footage is in CGI.
- This was the final production to include TV Series veteran, Steve Asquith.
- This episode aired before The Great Discovery came out in the UK, so the audience wouldn't known what Great Waterton was.
- Thomas could have easily been seen by Percy, when he had his washdown or when he was hiding behind Duck.
- Thomas could have asked the Fat Controller to let Percy collect the brass band.
- Duck's face is undersized and missing its prominent cheekbones.
- A brakevan should have been added to Percy's train.
- Neville has Oliver's third season whistle sound.