|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Best Dressed Engine|
Best Dressed Engine is the twenty-second episode of the seventh season.
A "best dressed engine" competition is being held to celebrate May Day. Most of the engines get in on the fun, but Gordon denounces the competition and refuses to participate. Later, Gordon is crossing a bridge when a banner is blown onto his front. Since Gordon is pulling the express, he can't stop and so remains "dressed up" until he hits Trevor's cart moving slowly on a level crossing. Then he reaches Knapford where he is announced the winner of the "best dressed" competition.
- Trevor (does not speak)
- Salty (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Harold (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The Tailor (cameo)
- Henry (stock footage cameo)
- Oliver (stock footage cameo)
- Bulgy (stock footage cameo)
- The Vicar of Wellsworth (stock footage cameo)
- The Refreshment Lady (stock footage cameo)
- The Crovan's Gate Policeman (stock footage cameo)
- The Dryaw Policeman (stock footage cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Henry's Tunnel
- Three Tier Bridge
- Rolf's Castle
- The Works
- The Seaside Village
- Tidmouth Tunnel
- Tidmouth Bay
- Stock footage from Special Attraction, Percy's Chocolate Crunch, and Bulgy Rides Again is used, as is mirrored stock footage from Thomas and the Breakdown Train and a deleted scene from Thomas and Stepney.
- For an unknown reason, the competition is referred to as a contest in the US narration.
- Headmaster Hasting's pipe organ from Faulty Whistles is seen at the beginning of the episode.
- This episode marks Murdoch's last speaking role until the twelfth season.
- Gordon's smokebox is called a firebox.
- When Trevor is chuffing along, studio equipment is reflected in his paintwork.
- When Gordon breaks through the crossing gates, Trevor's cart isn't hit, but in the next scene the cart is smashed.
- Gordon goes under the same bridge twice. However, an effort: the removal of the upper part of the bridge, is made to disguise it the second time.
- If Gordon was approaching the crossing, the gates should have been in front of the road.
- After Gordon collides with the cart, his left (viewer's right) buffer becomes severely damaged, but later at Knapford, it's still intact.
- When Trevor passes the farm, the shot is mirrored.
- Because stock footage is used, Bulgy is in his red livery. Additionally, when Gordon leaves Knapford, he's pulling four coaches, but in the next scene, he's pulling three.
In other languages
|Danish||Den Smukkeste Engine||The Most Beautiful Engine|
|Hungary||A legszebb mozdony||The Most Beautiful Locomotive|
|Japanese||ベストドレッサーはだれ||Who is Best Dressed?|
|Welsh||Dillad Gorau||Best Clothing|
|Italian||Le Locomotive Addobbate||The Dressed Engines|