- “Who goes there?! Meaning... who... are... you?!”
- ―Beresford when he meets Thomas, Journey Beyond Sodor
Thomas & Friends
When Thomas travelled to the Mainland, he met Beresford. He stopped Thomas on his way to Bridlington Goods Yard, demanded he told him something new and sang Who's Thomas? Thomas tricked him and passed through underneath him. Later on, Beresford picked Thomas up with his hook and helped him to hide from Hurricane and Frankie after escaping from the Steelworks. He befriended Thomas by helping him hide from Hurricane and Frankie.
Beresford is usually very lonely having no one to talk to, with engines often passing through with other work. His rather aggressive way of getting to know new engines makes it hard for him to make friends, as shown by him dropping a fishing boat in front of Thomas and slinging Thomas up with his hook in a later encounter, but he is well meaning, though jealous of the freedom engines have to go anywhere.
Beresford is based on the Stothert and Pitt rolling gantry crane which is located at Bristol Harbour.
Beresford has sky blue paintwork with magenta and yellow lining and white hazard stripes.
- 2017 - Journey Beyond Sodor
He may appear in the twenty-second season.
- Beresford speaks with a Caribbean accent.
- Along with The Log Engine, Beresford is the only character introduced in Journey Beyond Sodor who does not work at the Steelworks.
- Capsule Plarail (coming soon)