Bachmann have manufactured their Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends range since 2002. The models are made from specially produced toolings to resemble the characters in the television series. The engines also have moving eyes.
- Salty (discontinued; still available in set)
- 'Arry and Bert
- Sound-chipped Thomas
- Celebration Thomas (coming soon)
- Oliver (coming soon)
- Red Express Composite Coach (discontinued)
- Red Express Brake Coach (discontinued)
- S. C. Ruffey
- Blue Open Wagon
- Orange Open Wagon
- Milk Tanker
- Tar Tanker (discontinued)
- Fuel Tanker
- Fred Pelhay (cancelled)
- Rickety (cancelled)
- Gordon's Express Composite Coach (discontinued)
- Gordon's Express Brake Coach (discontinued)
- Emily's Composite Coach
- Emily's Brake Coach
- Oil Tanker
- Red Open Wagon
- Cattle Wagon (discontinued; still available in set; reused for Troublesome Truck #3)
- Salt Wagon (discontinued; still available in set)
- RF Container Wagon (discontinued; still available in set)
- 6-ton Wagon (discontinued; still available in set; reused for Troublesome Truck #4)
- Wellwagon (discontinued)
- Coal Wagon with Load
- Cream Tanker
- Raspberry Syrup Tanker
- Flatbed with paint drums (discontinued)
- Ventilated Van
- Troublesome Truck #3
- Ice Cream Van
- Troublesome Truck #4
- Red Coach
- Red Brake Coach
- Mail Car (green) (coming soon)
- Toad (coming soon)
The narrow gauge line will still be in HO scale but will run on N gauge track; this is commonly known as "HOe" or "HOn3".
- Skarloey (coming soon)
- Open Wagon (coming soon)
- Box Van (blue) (coming soon)
- Box Van (red) (coming soon)
- Signal gantry (two-pack; discontinued)
- Water tower (discontinued)
- Coal hopper (discontinued)
- Pedestrian bridge (discontinued)
- Sodor Junction station (discontinued)
- Switch tower
- Tidmouth Sheds with manually-operated turntable
- Tidmouth Sheds expansion pack
- Sodor Lighthouse with Blinking Light
- Round Water Tower (coming soon)
- Square Water Tower (coming soon)
- Engine Shed
- Trackside Station
- Corrugated Hut
- Storage Shed
- Thomas with Annie and Clarabel set - Thomas, Annie, Clarabel and circle of E-Z track
- Percy the Small Engine set - Percy, Troublesome Truck #1, Troublesome Truck #2 and circle of E-Z track (discontinued)
- James the Red Engine freight set - James, blue open wagon, fuel tanker, brake van and circle of E-Z track (discontinued)
- Gordon's Express set - Gordon, Gordon's Express Composite Coach, Gordon's Express Brake Coach and oval of E-Z track (discontinued)
- Emily's Passenger Set - Emily, Emily's Composite Coach, Emily's Brake Coach and oval of E-Z track
- Deluxe Thomas and Friends special set - Thomas, Annie, Clarabel, Bertie, Harold, the Fat Controller and oval of E-Z track
- Thomas' "Fun with Freight set" - Thomas, S. C. Ruffey, red open wagon, cream tanker, cattle van, conductor and oval of E-Z track
- Thomas "Holiday Special" set - Thomas with holiday hat and snowplough, coach with Christmas decoration, truck with Christmas tree, candy cane tanker and oval of E-Z track (discontinued)
- Salty's Dockside Delivery set - Salty, 6 Ton wagon, Raspberry Syrup tanker, Salt Wagon, custom conductor and oval of E-Z track
- Thomas' Christmas Express set - Thomas with Santa hat and snowplough, truck with Christmas tree, flat wagon with load, red and green Christmas van, and oval of E-Z track
- Whistle & Chuff Thomas! train set with analog sound - sound-chipped Thomas, circle of E-Z track, Troublesome Truck #1, and Troublesome Truck #2
- Hook-and-loop couplers
- Track PlayTape (rail, road, and sound-fitted variations)
- Winston (coming soon)
Rolling Stock and Accessories
- Emily's Composite Coach
- Emily's Brake Coach
- Tidmouth Milk Tanker (discontinued)
- Sodor Fuel Tanker
- Oil Tanker (discontinued)
- Tar Tanker
- Coal Wagon with load
- Cargo Car
- S.C. Ruffey
- Thomas' snow plough
- Raspberry syrup tanker
- Open Wagon - Blue
- Cream Tanker
- Open Wagon - Red
- Ice Cream Wagon (coming soon)
- Thomas with Annie and Clarabel set - Thomas, Annie, Clarabel, oval of track, and DVD format video instructions
- Percy and the Troublesome Trucks set - Percy, Troublesome Truck #1, Troublesome Truck #2, oval of track, and DVD instructions
- Thomas' Christmas Delivery set - Thomas with holiday hat and snowplough, red open wagon with presents, decorated coach, oval of track, and DVD instructions
- The first HO scale products released in 2002 (Thomas, Percy, James, Annie, Clarabel, Troublesome Trucks, Bertie, Harold, and Cranky) are based on promotional cartoon illustrations seen on some Thomas merchandise at the time. Terence's model also seems to be based on these images.
- The HO scale oil tanker, mail coach, raspberry syrup tanker and cream tanker were first released as they appeared in the model series, but have been revamped to have their CGI series logos.
- Thomas, Percy and James' HO models do not have front couplers.
- Thomas, Percy, James, Gordon, Henry and Toby's HO models have grey coupling hooks.
- On James' HO model, the wheels and axleboxes are painted grey and his smokebox saddle is painted red when they should all be black.
- On Percy's HO model:
- The coal bunker is painted grey instead of black and is oversized.
- The cab steps are mounted on the side of the running board when they should be under the cab.
- There is no rear dummy coupling hook.
- On Duck's HO model:
- The buffer housings are black instead of red.
- The prototype model had a black footplate similar to Duck's CGI model, but was changed to grey on the production model.
- Diesel was the first HO engine to have a CGI-style face.
- On Annie and Clarabel's HO models:
- The underframes are painted grey instead of black, and their buffer housings are painted black instead of red.
- They have no dummy coupling hooks.
- Annie, Clarabel and Emily's coaches' HO and Large Scale models have removable roofs. However, there's a difference. On the G scale models, the roofs are not attached, so they will fall off if turned upside down, but on the HO Scale models, the roofs are held on by some plastic parts & have to be pried off, which, once they are, reveal to have plastic frames underneath them with plastic squares made to resemble windows.
- The coaches in the Thomas' Christmas Delivery and Thomas' Christmas Special sets are repaints of Emily's coaches.
- Terence's HO model has a removable snowplough.
- Winston is the only character to date to be made in Large Scale but not HO scale.
- The human figures, originally marketed as HO scale, are larger than HO scale. They have since been relabeled as Large Scale items.
- The original Sodor scenery accessories used the same tooling as Bachmann's Plasticville line.
- In an official forum post, a Bachmann representative revealed they had plans to update James to look more like his TV series counterpart in 2015, but once they sent the artwork for the update to the factory, it was too late to change the production line at the time. James' updated release is due sometime in 2017.
- Thomas' HO scale model, along with Annie, Clarabel and Emily's coaches, made a cameo in the 2015 film "Ant-Man", Several models were also shown in the teaser trailer.
- In addition, Thomas' face, the front brakepipe, the lamp and the buffers are different
- Percy's large scale prototype had a green coal bunker.
- Most of the wagons throughout the Bachmann range were reused mouldings of the wagons produced in the Bachmann Branchline and Mainline Model Railways ranges, although they were less detailed to suit younger kids. Also, the Narrow Gauge rolling stock are based off of Peco 009 gauge rolling stock, albeit without brake pipes.
- The Bachmann models were used as guides for the replicas of Percy, James, Gordon and Emily at Thomas Land.