|As Good as Gordon|
As Good as Gordon is the eighteenth episode of the eighth season.
Gordon is pulling the Mayor of Sodor on an important trip and Emily is chosen to pull the express while he's away. Gordon brags that he can pull the express to Vicarstown and back before teatime, so Emily challenges that record. She collects the coaches and sets off before the brake coach is coupled on. She makes good time, and, on the journey back, gets cross at Edward for delaying her with his goods train. She later waits at Maithwaite for Bertie, but is so impatient she leaves too soon, ironically just as he pulls in. She soon has to take on water, but James is at the next standpipe and she goes on instead. She is approaching Brendam when she runs out of water and stops. James pulls her to Brendam and Emily offers to take his slow goods train. She later meets Thomas at a signal, and proudly announces she is learning patience.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- Bertie (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- The Mayor of Sodor (mentioned)
- The Storyteller (deleted scene cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- The Coaling Plant
- Gordon's Hill
- The Canal
- Maron (deleted scene)
- This is the 200th episode of the television series.
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-fifth episode of the eighth season.
- In the opening shot of Tidmouth Sheds, Gordon's wheels are derailed.
- After James helps Emily to the docks he leaves to take the express, but then he is seen later helping Emily to the water tower.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Like flink som Gordon||As Good as Gordon|
|Danish||Lige så god som Gordon||Just as Good as Gordon|
|German||Emily hat’s eilig||Emily is in a Hurry|
|Japanese||ゴードンとおなじ||The same as Gordon|