- “They run on bogies as sweetly as any coach!”
- ―Mike, Ballast, Small Railway Engines
The Arlesdale Railway owns two types of trucks.
The first type are hopper trucks that run on bogies. The miniature engines take them to the old mines of the Mid Sodor Railway, fill them up, and then take them to the chute, where Duck and the other engines take the ballast home to their own railway.
The other type are wool trucks. The miniature engines take them to the farms, where the farmers load the trucks with bales of wool. The loads must be tied to the trucks for safety.
The ballast hoppers are based on the trucks of the same type and purpose which were used on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway. The wool trucks are based on seven-plank open wagons, scaled down accordingly.
The ballast hoppers are painted brown with the name "ARLESDALE" on both sides. The wool trucks are painted a light coral pink colour.
- Small Railway Engines - Ballast and Useful Railway
- Oliver the Western Engine - Resource and Sagacity (cameo)
- Duke the Lost Engine (mentioned)
- In the Railway Series, the trucks have the ability to talk, despite not having visible faces.