- "They're alright if you treat them right!"
- ―Bert, Small Railway Engines
There are a number of bogie passenger carriages for tourist traffic on the Arlesdale Railway. The original coaches, a mixture of open and open-sided types, were obtained from the same railway in England as the locomotives. The uncovered bogie coaches are used for summer and covered for winter. Others are closed saloon carriages built at Arlesburgh Works. Duck mistook them for trucks at first, because of their appearance.
In the Railway Series, the Arlesdale Railway coaches are painted pure pink, however in the television series, they are dull red.
The Arlesdale Railway coaches are based on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway's coaches.
- Small Railway Engines (do not speak)
- Oliver the Western Engine (cameo)
- Jock the New Engine (do not speak)
- Wilbert the Forest Engine (mentioned)
- In "Jock the New Engine" and the television series, the coaches do not have faces.
|Arlesdale Railway Rolling Stock|
|Arlesdale Railway Coaches • Arlesdale Railway Trucks|