Andrew Brenner is the current head writer for Thomas and Friends. He started writing for the seventeenth season in November 2010, when Sharon Miller stepped down. He worked as a script editor for Blue Mountain Mystery before taking over the reins as head writer.
He previously worked on the magazine stories, starting at the beginning of their publication in 1987. He was given seasons one and two on video and was asked to adapt the episodes into magazine stories. When he ran out of episodes to adapt, he wrote original stories, several of which were adapted into third season episodes without his knowledge or consent. He stopped working on the magazines soon after. He was never credited for his work in either the magazines or the television series. Among the stories that were adapted were Henry's Forest, which was inspired by a storm that caused damage and blew trees over around London.
He was also the head writer of "Tractor Tom", "Angelina Ballerina", "Fireman Sam", and "The Cramp Twins". It also stated on his online CV that he is the headwriter for Jack and the Pack. This was later removed for unknown reasons.
- Gordon Runs Dry
- Bill or Ben?
- Too Many Fire Engines
- Away From the Sea
- Thomas' Shortcut
- The Smelly Kipper
- Gone Fishing
- Santa's Little Engine
- The Frozen Turntable
- The Missing Christmas Decorations
- Henry's Forest - adapted from the magazine story of the same name and Clearing Up.
- Thomas, Percy and the Dragon - adapted from Percy's Night Out and Percy and the Dragon
- Percy, James and the Fruitful Day - adapted from Percy Gets Jammed
- Thomas Gets Bumped - adapted from A Bump on the Line
- Heroes - adapted from In a Muddle and Heroes
- One Good Turn - adapted from Head On and Pulling Together.
- Thomas and the Rumours - adapted from Rumours and Speculations.