|This article is about the coach. You may be looking for the little girl.|
Around the time of Oliver, Isabel, and Toad's arrival on Sodor, the Fat Controller was in the process of re-opening the Little Western line between Tidmouth and Arlesburgh. He assigned Oliver and Duck to the line, but the only coach was Isabel. The Fat Controller was able to rescue three more autocoaches like Isabel. Two of the coaches, Alice and Mirabel, became Duck's coaches while Dulcie joined Isabel and Oliver.
When Oliver tried to teach the troublesome trucks, they and Duck cheered him on. Later, on that year's Summer Bank Holiday they complained about the heat, so Duck let them cool in the Goods Shed. That evening, a bus named Bulgy stole their passengers, which made them very cross. Fortunately, they got them back when Bulgy got stuck under a bridge.
Alice and Mirabel are based on Great Western Railway auto coaches, which were used in push-pull service on branch lines. The auto coaches were efficient because it eliminated the need for the engine to run around to the other end of the train to turn around. 15 examples of this type are preserved.
Alice and Mirabel are painted in the Great Western's chocolate and cream livery for coaches.
- Enterprising Engines - Little Western (Alice does not speak; Mirabel mentioned)
- Oliver the Western Engine - Donald's Duck (do not speak), Toad Stands By (do not speak) and Bulgy
- 1976 - Famous Engines
- 1979 - Annual
- 1980 - Annual
- 1987 - The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways (mentioned)
- 2003 - Bulgy
- 2005 - Duck (cameo) and Diesel (poster cameo)
- 2011 - The Big Book of Engines (mentioned), Bulgy the Double-Decker Bus, Duck the Great Western Engine (cameo) and Diesel the Mean Engine (poster cameo)
- 2015 - No Nonsense, Duck! (cameo)
- Alice and Mirabel were also mentioned in a 2014 magazine file fact dedicated to Duck.
In the third season episode, Bulgy, their roles as Duck's coaches were replaced with three red Express Coaches. Since the eighteenth season episode, Duck and the Slip Coaches, the Slip Coaches have become Duck's standard coaches.