|This article is about the excavator. You may be looking for the person, the Talyllyn Railway Diesel engine or the Story Library book.|
Alfie is an enthusiastic excavator. He is Jack's best friend.
Alfie works for the Sodor Construction Company; he loves working hard and handles even the toughest of jobs with ease.
Alfie helped save a cat and her kittens one day after being teased by Max and Monty about his size. Later, he was saved by Byron when he almost sank into a muddy hole. He later helped with the restoration of Great Waterton and helped erect a bandstand in the town.
A magazine article states that he now works at the Sodor Slate Quarry.
He later helped build the Arlesburgh-Harwick Branch Line.
Alfie is a friendly machine who gets on well with his work and never minds getting dirty or mucky during jobs.
It is unknown what machine Alfie's design is based on, although he does resemble a 1960 K1C10&K excavator.
Alfie is painted green with his number painted on his sides and on the back of his cab in white.
- Nathan Clarke (UK/US; Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure onwards)
- Toshio Kobayashi (Japan; sixth season only)
- In Season 12, Alfie lost the freckles on his face.
- When Alfie returned in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, he increased in size and the colour of his alloys changed from cream to grey.
- A semi-complete face mask of Alfie was preserved by the Top Props preservation group.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Wind-up (Japan only)
- Pocket Fantasy (discontinued)
|Nelson • Jack • Alfie • Oliver • Max and Monty • Kelly • Byron • Ned • Isobella • Patrick • Buster|