A Wonderful American Journey with Thomas and Connie (トーマス＆コニーちゃん ワンダフルアメリカンジャーニー) is a Japanese Thomas/Ponkickies crossover special.
An animated Japanese character named Connie travels to America and catches a train from New York to the Strasburg Railroad in Pennsylvania. There she meets Thomas, and sees him getting ready for a Days Out with Thomas event. She then takes a ride with Thomas, boards a luxury express and learns about how American engines work. She also pays special visits to the Georgetown Loop Railroad and the Durango & Silverton Railroad in Colorado. At the end of the programme, Connie returns to the Strasburg Railroad to see Thomas and has another ride with him before going home to Japan.
- New York City
- Strasburg Rail Road
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania
- Choo Choo Barn
- Georgetown Loop Railroad
- Durango & Silverton Railroad
- Thomas' Anthem (Instrumental)
- Leo Morimoto as the narrator
- Chris Tomoko as Connie
- Keiko Toda as Thomas
- Daisuke Gōri as some drivers (voice over only)
- Gullane Pictures, the branch arm of The Britt Allcroft Company, been turned to Gullane Entertainment around this point after the release of Thomas & The Magic Railroad. The Britt Allcroft Company had been renamed Gullane Entertainment on September 7, 2000, before this special was released on direct-to-home video.
- This is the first and only Special to be released exclusively in Japan by Gullane Entertainment.