A Wonderful American Journey with Thomas and Connie (Japanese: トーマス&コニーちゃん ワンダフルアメリカンジャーニー) is a Japanese Thomas/Ponkickies crossover special.
An animated Japanese character named Connie travels to America and catches a train from New York to the Strasburg Railroad in Pennsylvania. There she meets Thomas, and sees him getting ready for a Days Out with Thomas event. She then takes a ride with Thomas, boards a luxury express and learns about how American engines work. She also pays special visits to the Georgetown Loop Railroad and the Durango & Silverton Railroad in Colorado. At the end of the programme, Connie returns to the Strasburg Railroad to see Thomas and has another ride with him before going home to Japan.
- New York City
- Strasburg Rail Road
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania
- Choo Choo Barn
- Georgetown Loop Railroad
- Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Thomas' Anthem (Instrumental)
- Leo Morimoto as the narrator
- Chris Tomoko as Connie
- Keiko Toda as Thomas
- Daisuke Gōri as some drivers (voice over only)
- Gullane Pictures, the branch arm of The Britt Allcroft Company, been turned to Gullane Entertainment around this point after the release of Thomas and the Magic Railroad. The Britt Allcroft Company had been renamed Gullane Entertainment on September 7, 2000, before this special was released on direct-to-home video.
- This is the first and only special to be released exclusively in Japan by Gullane Entertainment.