A Visit to London for Thomas the Tank Engine, also titled as London's Calling Thomas the Tank Engine, is a special book to commemorate Queen Elizabeth II's 90th birthday.
The Fat Controller has been invited to the Queen's birthday celebrations, far from the Island of Sodor, in the biggest city in the land, London. And what better engine to take him there than Thomas the Tank Engine.
A delighted Thomas makes the long journey to London where he is put on a barge and taken down the Thames seeing Tower Bridge, St Paul's, The Shard, Parliament and many other landmarks along the way. It's a very proud day for the little blue engine in the big city!
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Edward (does not speak)
- Henry (does not speak)
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Annie (does not speak)
- Lady Hatt (does not speak)
- Queen Elizabeth II (does not speak)
- Dan Crisp provides the endpaper illustrations.
- Two real life Vehicles are seen in this book: Cutty Sark and a Eurostar.
- Clarabel is strangely absent.