|A Visit from Thomas|
Thomas takes the Fat Controller to see the site for the new school the Pack are preparing. After the Fat Controller leaves, Max tells Oliver to hurry up, but he takes no notice. However, his bucket hits something hard buried in the ground. Oliver's operator suggests that it could be important, so the Foreman calls Miss Jenny, who calls the Fat Controller, who calls the Experts. The Experts realise that Oliver has discovered a dinosaur bone. Using his chisel, Oliver digs away more earth to uncover a complete dinosaur skeleton. A photographer takes a picture of Oliver with the dinosaur and the following day, Thomas brings the Fat Controller, who shows the Pack that Oliver is on the front page of the Sodor Times with the headline: "Digger Digs Dino!"
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Miss Jenny
- The Experts
- The Foreman
- Thomas (does not speak)
- Buster (does not speak)
- Kelly (cameo)
- Isobella (cameo)
- Byron (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- This episode was originally to be titled "Oliversaurus".
- Stock footage from Toby's Windmill and Three Cheers for Thomas is used.
- In the Netherlands, this episode is called "Thomas Visits".
- When the narrator says "The Fat Controller had given land for the school." the scene is mirrored.
- The soil from around the dinosaur should have been dug out more carefully.
- The title is misleading as the plot does not center around Thomas's visit.
- The dinosaur skeleton is clearly that of a Triceratops which lived only in North America, so it would be impossible for one to be dug up in Great Britain.