A Noisy Surprise is a soundbook.
A circus is coming to the Island of Sodor and Sir Topham Hatt sends Thomas to bring it, but along the way he encounters some noisy surprises.
- The engines are based on their My First Thomas counterparts making this the only Thomas book to have the characters resemble toys.
- All the steam engines have different whistles.
- Percy is portrayed as a E2 rather than a Avonside 0-4-0, very much like his "My First Thomas" counterpart
- Edward's buffers are red instead of black.
- James' bufferbeam is black instead of red.