- “Mud, glorious mud!”
A Happy Day for Percy, originally titled Byron Saves the Day, is a Jack and the Pack episode.
Byron is disappointed when his hard work is being ignored. But when Max and Monty's reckless behaviour causes a water pump to burst and Alfie becomes trapped in thick mud, Byron rushes to the rescue and finally gets the attention he deserves.
- The original title for this episode was going to be Byron Saves the Day, although that title is still listed on Virgin TV Anytime's website.
- Alfie's line, "Mud, glorious mud!" comes from the chorus of the popular Flanders and Swann song, The Hippopotamus.
- This episode marks Byron's last speaking role to date.
- This is the only Jack and the Sodor Construction Company episode where Thomas does not appear.
- The scene of Alfie shouting "Watch out!" appears to be moved from later in the episode due to his arm moving but remaining in the same spot when he starts sinking, and the pool of mud seems to have formed around him already.
- The current title is misleading as this episode is mainly focused around Byron.
- When Byron is cutting out the trench, his treads keep moving after he stops.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Een gelukkige dag voor Percy|
|German||Ein glücklicher Tag für Percy|