A Day at the Races is a video game developed and published by Blast Entertainment for the PlayStation 2 with its EyeToy Camera support in 2006 and 2007 in Europe and Australia.
Join Thomas and his friends in ten all-new, fun, and exciting mini-games. Use the Eye Toy USB camera to put yourself in the game and control the action. Enjoy a brand new story, featuring Thomas, James, the Fat Controller, and all your other favourite Thomas the Tank Engine characters.
- Donald and Douglas
- Bill and Ben
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Match the Face
- Engine Painting
- Loading Coal
- Stock footage from Thomas and the Special Letter, James Gets a New Coat, The Trouble with Mud and Woolly Bear was used.
- Instrumental tracks of Engine Rollcall, Surprises, Emily, A World Around You and Ode to Gordon are used.
- Michael Angelis did the narration in this game.
- Some of the scenes from the actual television series are mirrored.
- In one minigame, when Thomas approaches a set of points, his front wheels derail briefly before they go back on the rails. This is because Thomas acts like a sprite throughout the minigame, and the camera angle in front of him changes each time he changes track sections.
- In the racing minigame, Toby has another face on his rear end.
- In the Engine Painting minigame, when the engines are being painted, the pixels seem to appear and disappear on the engine's paintwork.