A Bump On The Line is a magazine story.
Every morning and evening, Thomas loves taking his passengers along his branch line with Annie and Clarabel. He knows all the passengers at each stop. Thomas also knew every part of his branch line and even a place were there is a bump. They have to go careful along there or otherwise there'll be an accident.
One day Thomas' driver told him that the workmen will laying new rails. So the line has to be closed. Thomas was worried who would look after his passengers. Bertie the Bus was given the job. The workmen worked on Thomas' line for two weeks and Thomas was very sad to think his passengers liked Bertie more than him. At last the line was finished and Thomas worked on his branch line once again. But he was still sad.
When he reached the station, all his passengers were there as usual. Thomas was so happy that he forgot to be careful of the bump. But he need not have worried because the new sleek rails didn't have a bump!
- The plot was used for the third season episode, Thomas Gets Bumped.
- In the sixth illustration, two first season-styled trucks are seen.
- Thomas' coupling and brake pipe is coloured white.
- Thomas' wheels were coloured white in the seventh illustration.
- Bertie's eyebrows are missing in the eighth illustration.