|This article is about the DVD. You may be looking for the American title of the first season episode.|
A Big Day for Thomas is a US VHS/DVD featuring seven first season episodes narrated by George Carlin. It was released on DVD in 2007 featuring two songs. Lionsgate released the title for digital download in 2013.
PEEP! PEEP! Thomas, Sir Topham Hatt, Henry and their friends have learned many lessons about being careful. They have selected their favorite stories to create this "best of" collection -- all about the importance of paying attention.
Come along as Thomas gets to pull his very own train -- with unexpected results! Watch what happens when Percy is careless and gets a nasty shock, and when snow jams a signal down and Henry runs into a disaster. Hop on board for these heartwarming tales from the Island of Sodor.
2003 VHS/2007 DVD:
PEEP! PEEP! Who's that pulling into the station? It's Thomas the Tank Engine, and he's ready to take you on another journey filled with exciting adventures on the Island of Sodor. Travel with Thomas when he gets to pull his very own train for the first time - - with unexpected results. Find out what really "shocks" Percy and hold your breath when some snow jams one of the Island's signals and leads Henry to disaster.
- A Big Day for Thomas
- Percy Runs Away
- Thomas Breaks the Rules
- Henry's Special Coal
- The Flying Kipper
- Trouble for Thomas
- Toby the Tram Engine
- Sodor Spelling Game
- Character Gallery
- Mr. Conductor's whistle from Shining Time Station can be heard very briefly at the start of Trouble for Thomas.
- A cassette tape was included with some VHS releases. It featured the following songs:
- This video was paired up with Thomas Comes to Breakfast when they were released.
- The video can be seen in Kevin Smith's "Jersey Girl", which also stars George Carlin.
- The end credits are taken from the 1993 release of Tenders and Turntable and other stories.
- The back of the 2003 cover features a picture from Train Stops Play, but that episode is not featured on the release.
- The original VHS cover features an image from Thomas Comes to Breakfast, but that episode is not featured on the release.
- The back cover of the 1998 VHS features a picture from Thomas Saves the Day, but that episode is not featured on the release.
- The title card for A Big Day for Thomas was played twice.