|A Bad Day for Sir Handel|
Reverend W. Awdry
As always, Skarloey and Rheneas like working on the railway that weaves around the lakes and long mountain sides. Their coaches are filled with visitors and both engines are proud to run the line, no matter the weather. They will never let their passengers down, but they, however, are old and they tire themselves out easily. Their drivers understand this and they then tell them that there is more than enough work for them on the railway and the manager is sending two more engines to help run the line. Both Skarloey and Rheneas are pleased with the news and they promise that they will give them a big welcome.
The new engines, Peter Sam and Sir Handel arrive on the Skarloey Railway. Peter Sam is kind, but Sir Handel is bad-tempered and insults Skarloey and the sheds. Then Sir Handel is chosen to pull the train to the top station. He does so grudgingly due to wanting a rest and after insulting the coaches by calling them "cattle trucks" and surprising Gordon with his knowledge of coaches, makes his way to the top station. There, he is angry to discover by his driver that he is expected to go to the quarry and collect trucks and refuses to do so, punctuating his point by deliberately derailing himself (as there was a small rock too close to one of the two rails). In the end, Peter Sam helps Sir Handel back on the rails and the Fat Controller puts Sir Handel in the shed as punishment. He scolds him for his naughty actions and warns him to behave himself the next time he comes out of the shed.
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Skarloey (does not speak)
- Rheneas (does not speak)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Crovan's Gate
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Lakeside Bridge
- Lakeside Junction
- Sodor Castle
- Skarloey Bridge
- Skarloey Railway Mountain Line
- This episode is based on the story Sir Handel from The Railway Series book, Four Little Engines.
- Some TUGS models can be seen in this episode at Lakeside, notably Lakesider III.
- When broadcast on Miramax, the episode has no narration.
- Gordon is missing his brake pipe.
- In the UK version, when Sir Handel backs onto his coaches and stops, he can still be heard puffing for another four seconds.
- The red coach Sir Handel backs onto has a face, but when Sir Handel arrives at Crovan's Gate, the coach's face disappears.
- Gordon has Duck's whistle sound for the rest of the season.
- When Sir Handel goes off-camera on the mountain ledge, the steam platform blows steam too late.
- When the Fat Controller says "You're a very naughty engine", a fly crawls on the workbench beside Sir Handel.
- Sir Handel and Rheneas swap whistle sounds.
- The coaches are cross before Sir Handel calls them "cattle trucks".
- In a picture of a deleted scene, a wire is visible beneath Sir Handel.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Un Mal Día para Sir Handel||A Bad Day for Sir Handel|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Um Dia Ruim para o Sir Handel||A Bad Day for Sir Handel|
|Norwegian||En dårlig dag for Sir Handel||A Bad Day for Sir Handel|
|Welsh||Teimlo'n Hurt||Feeling Hurt|
|Czech||Handelův špatný den||Sir Handel's Bad Day|
|Polish||Zły Dzień Pana Handla||Poor Sir Handel's Day|
|Finnish||Sir Hendel ja Kurja Päivä||Sir Handel and the Miserable Day|
|Hungarian||Sir Handel Rossz Napja||Sir Handel's Bad Day|
|Italian||Una Giornata No Per Sir Handel||A Bad Day For Sir Handel|
|Dutch||Een slechte dag voor meneer hendel||A Bad Day for Sir Handel|
|Danish||En Dårlig Dag for Sir Handel||A Bad Day for Sir Handel|
|Chinese||汉德尔先生糟糕的一天||Sir Handel's Bad Day|
|Slovenian||Silvester ima slab dan||Sir Handel has a Bad Day|
|Romanian||Sir Handel Are O Zi Grea||Sir Handel Has a Bad Day|
|Slovak||Zlý deň pre Sira Handela||Bad Day for Sir Handel|
|Swedish||En dålig dag för Sir Handel||A Bad Day for Sir Handel|
|Russian||Плохой день для Сэра Хендэла||Bad Day for Sir Handel|
|Ukrainian||Поганий день Сера Хендела||Sir Handel's Bad Day|
|German||Ein schlechter Tag für Sir Handel||A Bad Day for Sir Handel|
|Greek||Μια κακή ημέρα για Πάλ||A Bad Day for Sir Handel|