|This article is about the Diesels. You may be looking for the steam engine.|
'Arry and Bert are villainous troublemakers. They have tried to scrap Stepney and Fergus, make Percy and James "middle engines", and make the engines believe Neville was planning to bump them. They also like to tease Henry because of the special coal he has to use by calling him "Mr. Special Steam". According to merchandise bios, they also wish to scrap Oliver.
'Arry and Bert are unquestionably devious and scheming. Although at first they had a heartened dislike for steam engines, they appear to have grown accustomed to their smoke-puffing companions.
'Arry and Bert are painted green-grey with yellow hazard stripes on their fronts and rears and yellow cabs. They have "Sodor Ironworks" written on their sides in white.
- Kerry Shale (UK/US; fourteenth season onwards)
- Tomohisa Asō (Japan; fifth season only)
- Yūki Satō (Japan; sixth-eighth seasons)
- Shinichi Namiki (Japan;Calling All Engines! onwards)
- Christoffer Staib (Norway; fourteenth season onwards)
- Jan Kulczycki (Poland; fifteenth season onwards)
- Kerry Shale (UK/US; fourteenth and fifteenth seasons)
- William Hope (UK/US; sixteenth season onwards)
- Keiji Hirai (Japan; sixth-eighth seasons)
- Shinichi Namiki (Japan; Calling All Engines! onwards)
- Sigbjørn Solheim (Norway; fourteenth season onwards)
- Mieczysław Morański(Poland; fourteenth season only)
- The two are not quite identical: Bert has more stubble.
- 'Arry and Bert were made into CGI for the CGI test episode, Thomas and the Stinky Cheese.
- In some merchandising, the twins are named "Iron 'Arry" and "Iron Bert".
- 'Arry and Bert's Hornby models have Splatter and Dodge's faces.
- The metallic release of 'Arry and Bert in Take-Along has a spelling error on the character card: it reads "'Arrt and Bert".
- 'Arry and Bert's television series models don't have handrails but some of their merchandise lines do.
- Some merchandise bios and even the Thomas and Friends website say 'Arry and Bert are called "The Grim Messengers of Doom" because of their grim job of melting down engines.
- The 1998 official website called 'Arry and Bert "The Yellow Diesels".
- A model of 'Arry and one of Bert are currently on display in Canada at Nitrogen Studios.
- Another diesel engine, that looks exactly like Arry and Bert, is seen and mentioned in the video game, Right on Time.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway
- Take-Along (normal and metallic; discontinued)
- Bachmann (coming soon)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Lionel (discontinued)
- My First Thomas
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Trading Cards (discontinued)
- De Agostini
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Barry • The Austerity Engine • The Red Engine • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • The Works Diesel • Pip and Emma • Peel Godred Engines|
|Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Bash and Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Derek • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Flynn • Winston • Stafford|